Part 29

Lindsey would have gladly enjoyed another hour or so of sleep. Stevie, on the other hand, clearly had been awake for a while and while she didn't get out of bed, she didn't exactly let him rest either. 

"What are you trying to do to my hand?" Lindsey asked, his voice sounded muffled as his face was buried in her hair. "Are you trying to dislocate every single finger?"

"I'm not." Stevie laughed lightly. "No, you just have beautiful hands. Beautiful hands that do the dirtiest things."

Lindsey raised his eyebrow and placed his hand on her shoulder to turn her onto her back. "You barely ever like morning sex, why would you say that?"

"It's a compliment, Linds." Stevie shrugged, cupping his cheek, she brushed the pad of her thumb over his stubble. "I didn't know you were still a horny teenager, I thought, by now you might be able to control yourself better."

"Right." Lindsey scoffed. "Not when I've got a super hot wife." He leaned in to kiss her, but she didn't let it escalate beyond a couple of quick pecks. "What?"

"I am your wife." Stevie smiled, welcoming his weight on top of her, she locked her hands around his neck. "I've never thought I would be able to say that."

"Yeah, you can never ever get away from me now." He gave her a pointed look, then another kiss.

"It's weird, though, isn't it?" 

Lindsey sighed and held himself up, his hands pressed into the mattress by her sides. She really wasn't into morning sex. "What's weird?"

"Well, I'm wearing your ring and we're as official as we possible can be and yet..." Stevie shrugged, running a finger down the middle of his chest. "Nothing's changed. I'm still me and you're still you."

"I've been trying to tell you that since what, 1976?" Lindsey asked and received a slap on his shoulder. "It's true!"

"Be happy you finally have me." Stevie laughed, making him roll his eyes. 

When it seemed like she had nothing else to say, he tried again. He lowered his upper half and pressed a series of soft kisses to her neck. She sighed and closed her eyes, allowing him to slowly move to her chest. He eased the straps of her nightgown down her shoulders and kissed along her collarbone, while his hand cupper her breast and his thumb gently brushed over the center. She winced.

"What?" He looked up and it didn't seem like she was enjoying his touch at all. 

"I don't know." She replied, her eyebrows creased. 

"Do you want me to stop?" 

"No. No." She repeated, shaking her head. "Just be a little more careful."

Keeping that in mind, he proceeded to barely touching her at all. She seemed fine, so he tugged at the material and pulled her nightgown down exposing her chest. Reminding himself to be careful, he pressed a few soft kisses before he opened his mouth and swirled his tongue around a nipple. His lips then closed around it and she winced again, putting her hands on his shoulders to push him away.

"What's wrong?" He asked again, now actually concerned. 

"It- it hurts." She pulled herself up into a sitting position and so did he. "I don't get it. You weren't being rough at all, but my breasts are extremely tender." She fixed her nightgown and lay her eyes on him. 

"Do you think that..." Lindsey swallowed uneasily, unable to finish his sentence. "I mean..."

"No, I-" Stevie shook her head, her eyes grew wider at the realization of what he was trying to say. "That can't be the only explanation. I can't do this again." 

"I understand." He nodded and moved closer to her. "But we can't pretend that didn't just happen either. I could go to the pharmacy-"

"No, Lindsey." Stevie interrupted him. "No, I- I can't think about this right now." She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and got up. "I need to get ready. You need to get ready. Samantha will be here with Madison in less than two hours. I- I need to get ready." She repeated and rushed to the bathroom to lock herself in there.