Chapter 6

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Damon carried the unconscious orange haired girl in his hand as he walked to where Alaric and Elena should be with the car. The humans saw the raven haired male with a girl wearing his shirt. They vampire hunter/ history teacher was was curious where he found the girl while the human doppelgänger felt an uncomfortable feeling in her heart.

"Where did you get the girl?" asked Alaric when Damon reached the car.

"I found her unconscious in the woods and thought to carry her with me," he replied as he placed the girl laying down on the back seat only for Elena to try and stop him.

"Damon don't, what if she's a werewolf or one of Klaus' hybrid sent to spy on us or kill me?"

"Elena the girl was naked and unconscious in the woods all by herself without any belongings I doubt she is even related to Klaus. What I can say is that she was tortured."

"How the hell do you know that?" shouted Elena.

"Because when I found her she had scars and stitches over her body which showed they weren't new and the bastards brand her. The scars healed because I fed her my blood but the branding will never go away," he said in anger before shutting the door and going into the driver's seat as Elena and a now concerned Alaric followed.

In the distance was Stefan who saw the whole argument and tried everything to retrain himself from going out the as he clenched his fist. Elena was turning around on to see a glimpse of him but when she looked back he was already gone which made her sad as she thought everything was in vain.

~THE NEXT DAY~

The orange haired girl with milk white skin lied unconscious under the covers of the king sized bed. Damon was so worried about the girl whose name he's yet to know but he suddenly felt angry after remembering how she addressed herself when he first asked her name.

"Hey Damon I'm here," announced the young Bennett witch. She was shocked that the vampire even reached out to her and it was to help someone he didn't even know.

"Thank you for coming," he replied with a smile.

"No problem Damon, now tell me how may I help?" she asked.

"Well if I tell Bonnie you got to swear you won't tell anyone especially Elena," he said seriously.

"What's the matter," she asked.

"Bonnie," he whined.

"Fine I swear I won't tell Elena or anyone else," she said seriously now realizing how serious the raven haired vampire was. He lead the witch to the room where the girl was sleeping and close the door.

" When I was in the mountains I saw Stefan-" he started but was cut off when Bonnie shouted really causing him to glare at her before she mumbled a sorry.

"We tried to reason when a big ball of light fell from the sky and crashed into trees. We headed towards the crash sight when we saw her and Bonnie she had large orange wings on her back."

"The same color as her hair?" the witch asked.

"Yes," he replied.

Their conversation was cut short by the sound of a groan as they turned and saw the mystery girl slowly waking up as she slowly got up and looked at the two persons standing in front of her.

"Hello I'm Bonnie what's your name?" introduced the witch as she tried to appeal non-threatening to the girl.

"H-h-hello I am subject 0001467," the orange haired girl replied which caused the vampire to frown.

He went closer to the girl and took a seat on the bed which alarmed the girl as she tried to back away however, the vampire kept reassuring her that he wouldn't hurt her and that she'll be okay. He then placed his hand in her's and rubbed it reassuringly as he gestured to the number branded on her hand.

"Where did you get this?" he asked.

"It was given to me when I was born, it is my name," the girl slowly answered.

"I'm Damon can I call you a different name?" he asked.

"Yes when we were escaping my aunt renamed me Genevieve, Genevieve Alyssa Smith," she replied now with a smile.

"Alright Genevieve want to tell us how you happened to land in the woods?" asked Bonnie.

"Well my aunt tried to rescue me but died protecting after pushing me through the space portal. How I ended up here is something I can't answer," she replied with her head down as tears ran down her eyes realizing her aunt who she didn't really know died to save her.

"Bonnie can you and blonde Forbes buy clothes for her please?" asked Damon.

"Sure I'll get right on it," she said as she bud the girl a goodbye and walked away as she called Caroline so they could go shopping.

Realizing the girl has been looking at him for a while, Damon hugged her thinking she needed it as she placed her head on his chest when she realized he doesn't have a heartbeat.

"Your heart not beating how?"she asked.

"I'll explain that later," he replied.

She then placed her hands on his face and looked at his then said, "Your red eyes are beautiful."

Puzzled Damon looked into the mirror but he didn't see his vampire face out so he wondered how she knew what his eyes looked like in that state. "Why don't you get some more sleep until Bonnie comes back," he suggested as he made her lie down and tuck her back into the bed as she close her eyes drifting into sleep while the vampire continued to look at her.

'She's awake Stefan,' thought the older Salvatore as he let out a sigh and leave the room while thinking not only about the girl but also his brother.