two

You were trying not to make it obvious that you were hurrying down the hall. But you were pretty sure you were failing miserably. As you continued, without looking back, a hand suddenly grabbed your upper arm and pulled you into an on-call room.

"Hey!" You exclaimed, stumbling through the door. You looked to see that it was Steve-Dr. Rogers. "Dr. Rogers-"

"Dr. Rogers?" He repeated, sounding a little hurt. "This morning it was Steve. Now it's Dr. Rogers."

"Dr. Rogers, we should pretend it never happened."

"What never happened, you sleeping with me last night? Or you throwing me out this morning? Because both are fond memories I'd like to hold onto."

"No. There will be no memories. I'm not the girl in the bar anymore, and you're not the guy. This can't exist. You get that, right?"

"You took advantage of me and now you want to forget about it."

"I did not take-"

"I was drunk, vulnerable and good-looking and you took advantage."

You gave him a tight smile. "Okay, I was the one who was drunk, and you are not that good-looking."

"Well, maybe not today. But last night, last night I was very good-looking. I had my blue shirt on, my good-looking shirt, you took advantage."

"I did not take-"

"You want to take advantage again? Say Friday night?"

"Did you just- No! You're an attending. And I'm your intern. Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you've seen me naked."

Steve simply smirked. "Well, I have."

"Dr. Rogers. This is inappropriate. Has that ever occurred to you?"

You quickly left the room, leaving Steve staring at the shutting door with a sigh. He stepped out and over to the nearest nurses station.

"Oh, no," another doctor came up, handing papers over to a nurse behind a desk. "I've seen that look before... I know that look, I think I invented it."

"Oh shut it, Tony," Steve said, coming up beside him.

"You know you-"

"I said shut it, didn't I?"

"Okay, okay." Tony held his hands up in defense. "I'll shut it. Just don't come whining to me when it all blows to hell."

~~~

Deciding you needed to get your mind off Dr. Rogers, you went up to the OR gallery. You were sitting with other interns, watching Scott Lang prep for surgery.

"He's going to faint," one of the interns commented. "He's a fainter."

"Naaah, code brown," another one added. "Right in his pants."

"He's all about the flops. He's going to sweat himself unsterile."

"Ten bucks says he messes up the McBird," a third one said.

"Twenty says he cries," Natasha, who you were seated by, said.

"I'll put twenty on a total meltdown," the second intern added.

"Fifty says he pulls the whole thing off," you interrupted, fed up. Everyone looked at you, silent, while your eyes remained on Scott. "That's one of us down there. The first one of us. Where's your loyalty?"

There was a brief pause before Natasha continued, "Seventy five says he can't even ID the appendix."

"I'll take that action," Val responded, others agreeing.