three

You really tried your best, but you couldn't get the image of a naked Dr. Steve Rogers on the floor of your living room out of your head. You had decided one night that, to help get the image out of your head, you needed roommates. The house that you had inherited was big enough and the longer you lived there, the lonelier it became. So, you created a 'roommates wanted' sign and posted it in the locker room before your shift.

You had several interns come up to you explaining why they would be the perfect roommate for you within the first few hours of your shift. It was annoying and you turned every single one of them down, being very particular about who was going to live with you.

"Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Val asked as you, her, and Scott walked down a corridor.

"I do want roommates," you defended.

"And why can't we be those roommates?" Scott wondered

"We're just together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?"

"No," Natasha responded, walking up to the group. "Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?" She motioned to the cup of coffee in your hand.

"I need a place to live," Scott rambled. "My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there."

"It's not a bride," you told Natasha before turning to Scott. "I don't think it's a good idea."

"But I can't put down last, first, and deposit," Scott argued.

"It's totally a bride," Natasha scoffed.

"I can cook," Val added. "And I can clean."

"No," you stated. "I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte."

"Clint, you're running the code team," Gamora ordered as you all walked up to her. "Y/N, take the trauma patients, Natasha, deliver the weekend labs to patients, Val, you're on sutures, and Scott, you're on scut."

"Dr. Gamora," you called. "I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" You held the cup out for her.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too," Natasha added.

"Yeah, me too," Val joined in.

"I wouldn't mind another shot," Scott shrugged.

"And if everybody else gets one, then I do too!" Clint said.

"Stop talking," Gamora demanded. You all fell silent. "Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients taken care of, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures." She swiped the mocha latte from your hand. "No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins."

"Mocha latte my ass," Natasha grumbled.

"Why're y'all still standing there? Move!"

Everyone moved, you heading to the elevator with a few files. You paused in your steps when you noticed who was waiting at the elevator. Dr. Steve Rogers. You took a deep breath, trying to calm yourself, before making your way to stand and wait next to him. When he noticed you, he tried to hide the pleasant smile that wanted to take over his face.

"New York has ferry boats," he stated.

"Yes," you replied, a bit confused.

"I didn't remember that. I grew up here then left, now I've been living here for six weeks, and I didn't remember there were ferry boats."