Ch.9: 🧸Comfortable🧸

Cg: Joe Little: Cherry

*Romantic*

Cws: Underwear, and other kid/baby things

After dating for a few months, Kaoru regressed in front of his new boyfriend, and Kojiro was thrilled.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

It would be an understatement to say that it took "a long time" for Kojiro and Kaoru to confess to each other. Which also so happens to be the same amount of time it took for them to start dating too.

To make matters even more obvious, they were childhood friends for goodness sakes! If that doesn't say something about how that confession would play out.

In that situation it would seem like the world gave them the green light to press further. And if, for some reason, the other didn't say yes; that's asking for some potential tension to start building too right?

The answer is right there fellas. Plain as day for these two love-struck idiots.

However this is not where the story begins; there was still another step before this for this process to begin.

It felt like it took another thousand years for the two to realize that they had feelings for each other in the first place. But to be fair, sorting out your romantic feelings, specially gay feelings, is on its own, a whole different field of confusion to be stuck in.

Plus, l guess you could say Kaoru was too busy with fawning over Ad*m. The new glamorous skater friend that the two added to their tiny "group" of friends.

Kaoru thought he was amazing, but Kojiro thought quite the opposite. He thought the other was too full of himself. Which turned into him not being as close to Ad*m as Kaoru was back then. He would never admit it to Kaoru but he did feel a tad bit ignored by his pink-haired best friend.

The piercing wearing teen wouldn't figure out until later, that he was too blind to see that his greenette best friend was a much better fit for him. Compared to the shiny, new blue-haired teen.

Yet, Kojiro wasn't in an any better situation with his feelings. He was too preoccupied with figuring out why it made his stomach churn to see Kaoru with Ad*m. He couldn't seem to wrap his head around these weird feelings.

It never would have dawned on him that one: who would have known it was jealousy. Not Kojiro that for sure. He didn't think he was capable of it if he was being honest. He'd never been in a situation that would make him feel such intense jealousy.

And two, it definitely wouldn't have crossed his mine that he was atleast a tiny bit homosexual either. He was sure that he liked women, and only women. They were all over him! how could he be attracted to men too when his attaction to women was so strong?

Men rarely made it to the front of his mind. And in that rare instance they did, he'd deflect it with him thinking he simply wanted to be friends with them. Maybe on the off chance, he wanted to be them. There wasn't enough strong situations that this would happen for him to put everything together. It didn't help he was super oblivious as well.

Nevertheless, this in itself was a little too much analyzing for teenage Kojiro. Because, all these different thoughts crossed his mind during his highschool years. Some of his most confusing years of his life. And for the time that he and Kaoru were friends with Ad*m.

On these occasions that his mind did dig deeper in his "fascination" with men, he wouldn't take it seriously. He thought he was crazy for thinking such an unnatural thing.

He innocently might have thought that he didn't want to lose his closest "best friend" to their new friend.

Kind of like your classic childhood best friends to lovers slow burn trope. However, this pair's slow burn would hurt so much worse.