11

"With all these attacks happening, I'm a hundred percent sure the dark Lord's planning something, maybe another attack to get back at Potter" you say, folding out the Daily Prophet. Only Blaise seemed to be interested in what you're saying in the cabin. Both Draco and Pansy looking out the window as if they were deaf. Though you never made up with Draco, you couldn't bare yourself to hate him. The whole school hates Slytherin's, it'd be a shame for Slytherin's to also hate each other. Not to mention, you've been quite sure there's something off with him, especially now that his father was imprisoned in Azkaban.
"I'll be right back, I'll have to use the restroom" you excuse yourself and get up. Along your way you pass the cabin of Potter and his friends, catching a glimpse of what they're saying.
"...the impression Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater", you hear.
Seems like you're not the only one with a suspicion.

You rub your moist hands on your shirt as you go back down the hallway, when suddenly a black wall of smoke emerges. Somewhere in front of you should be your friends, but you only get a hold of someones cold hand with an even colder ring on it.
"Crap, what was that? Blaise?" asked Draco and smoothly removed his hand from yours before the smoke completely lifted.
"Don't know" said Blaise from across the room.
"Come on, guys. Sit down. We'll be at Hogwarts soon" says Pansy and you do as she says, sitting down on the rather comfy cushions. The seating order had changed, now you were across Pansy and Blaise near the window, next to Draco. Crabbe and Goyle were next to you, but they never cared to listen anyway.
"Hogwarts. What a pathetic excuse for a school" spits Draco as he plants his hands on the table. "I'd pitch myself of the Astronomy Tower if I had to continue for another two years." "What's that supposed to mean?" asks Pansy concerned. "Let's just say you won't see me wasting my time in Charms class next year." Blaise and you make eye contact, a chuckle escaping you both.
"Amused, you two? We'll just see who's laughing in the end" stated Draco. You roll your eyes jokingly and lean back onto the window to enjoy the view. Town turning into flat meadows, meadows turning into hills, hills turning into mountains and mountains turning into forests.
You are about to leave when Draco stays in his seat. "You three go along, I wanna check something" he says and you shrug, leaving without a doubt. But as soon as you're outside, you notice you forgot your backpack for the ride. "Oh no, I've forgotten my backpack. I'll be right back, guys, go ahead without me!" you say and head back inside.
There, you quickly open the door and head in, only to see Draco stomp on top of Potter. "That's for my father. Enjoy your ride back to London" he says and backs off, turning around and looking at you. It was like he had used the spell on you instead, as you stood there frozen. Slowly, Draco covered Potter and looked at you as he comes closer. "You do not tell this a bloody soul. No one. I told you not to comeback, are you stupid?"
"No, I- I just forgot one of my bags" you say and don't thank him as he grabbed it from the top. You only rush back out of the cabin swiftly, as if to show you won't tell on him.

Your eyes follow along the moving clouds of the great hall's ceiling, reflecting the storm of the outside.
"I urge to not only be brave, but stay strong in these troubled times. Though it may be hard to believe at this moment, our school is safe and secured. We will protect you and teach you to protect yourselves, no matter the circumstances" announces the sorting hat hopefully.
"Yeah 'cause they totally didn't allow Umbridge to use an unspeakable on me... seriously, background checks are important" you scoff and shake your head. "Maybe we're gonna learn something useful this time."
"That maybe is the reason I'll leave" said Draco, his eyes on your every move. It's like he knows you know something.
"Good evening to you all" says Dumbledore. "First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff... Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn has agreed to resume his old post as the Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against The Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape."
Everyone at your table except for Draco starts clapping and cheering for your house teacher, i'd been something he has wished for for a long while.
"Each and everyone one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man, who like you sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridors, slept under it's roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name, Tom Riddle. Today, of course, he's known all over the world by another name. Which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, their greatest weapon is you.
Just something to think about.
Now off to bed, pip-pip!"