30

Slowly you open your eyes, seeing Madam Pomfrey run around and shortly stopping above you to see you become conscious. "Oh that's great! I'll inform Severus and Mr. Malfoy quickly that you're conscious!" she says and runs off again. Your whole head was feeling like someone shattered it's skull with a hammer, your body aching just the same. The room felt way too light and the noises too loud, accompanied by a ringing in your ear. Draco moves in your field of vision and you've never been so glad to see him. "Did we win?" you ask, holding his hand, "Why are you crying?" "We won. It's all over" Severus says, also smiling, gently brushing across your forehead. You feel him adjust what feels like a bandage around your head. "You've been passed out for a while, most likely a concussion. Do you remember how it happened?" "No... It stops after I see Scabior across the room and we just start fighting." "It'll return with time. I'm just glad you're okay" sobs Draco, pressing his lips against your hand, then your cheek gently. "Can I get up?" you ask, but Severus shakes his head. "Wait a little, until your headache calms down. We'll go home soon." "Okay. Where are your parents, Draco?" you ask, looking around the room as far as you can. "I don't know yet" Draco smiles. "They left, to protect themselves. We'll see how they're doing soon. Recover for now."

~

"You want to be the legal guardian of an adult?" the man asks and both Severus and you nod. "Her parents died when she was a minor, but due to the war we couldn't make the legal process yet" Severus replies and the man nods, handing you papers. "In times like these, we can make exceptions. Go ahead."

PASSPORT INFORMATION
NAME: Y/N SNAPE
AGE: 17 YEARS
HOME TOWN: SPINNER'S END
NATIONALITY: BRITISH

-SEVERAL YEARS LATER

Severus prepared a meal for all of you, and you sit down at the table next to Draco, setting the table swiftly.
"Happy Birthday, father" you say, handing him a little box. He opens it up with a smile, taking out a necklace with the same flower charm as yours. "Click it open" you say and he looks at you with a raised eyebrow. Once he sees what's inside, he drops the necklace in shock, standing up to give you a hug. "I would have never dreamed of this. I promise to be the best grandfather someone can be" he smiles, pulling Draco in as well. "Do you want to know the gender?" "No, we only care about a healthy child" Draco says and smiles, taking your hand. "And wife, of course." All of you laugh and sit back down, enjoying your dinner.
"Thank you for tonight. We will meet again soon" you say, waving your father goodbye.

Draco takes a turn and you arrive at the local cemetery. Slowly you make your way across the rows of passed men, women, children, family. Until, you find your old friend.

BLAISE ZABINI
18TH OF SEPTEMBER 1979 - 2ND OF MAY 1998
A YOUNG MAN, TOO YOUNG TO DIE
A FEARLESS FIGHTER, TOO FEARLESS TO LEAVE SO SOON
A LOVING FRIEND, TOO MUCH LOVE LEFT TO GIVE

Slowly you lean down to put a ring of flowers on his grave. Now it looked less lonely, less forgotten. Draco squeezes your hand gently and you stand there for a few minutes, remembering Blaise until you feel ready to leave again.

Once you're back, you both enter your renovated parent's house. You enter and stretch yourself. "Draco, I'll visit their graves and get Mao inside. Will you get the hypogriffs?" "Of course, my love" he replies and you shut the garden door before whistling for Mao, taking the walk towards the forest. There you find your parent's grave, reading the engraving once again.
"Loving parents, brave fighters, careful magizoologists and strong aurors" you repeat out loud, "I owe it all to you. Our new generation won't forget you, mom and dad."
Then you turn around for Mao, who immediately cuddles up to your stomach. "Oh yes, I know you can sense the baby already. Just be patient, I know they'll be your best friend" you laugh, making Mao follow you back home too. "It's too cold out, do you want to stay in the barn again?" Mao immediately rushes inside of it, so you take it as a yes, closing the barn's doors together with Draco, who just came back too.

After all, maybe it wasn't impossible to find true love and happiness. It may have taken time and loss, but your future only awaits gain and more memories that you wish to treasure forever.