Chapter 4:

Katniss POV

I looked around me. There were forests and trees everywhere. I started walking into the woods, not really sure of what I was doing. Then, I heard rustling, and then smacked right into a wall.

"Katniss!! Are you ready to watch the reapings??" Effie's shrill voice cut through the air. "Coming, coming!" I moaned and picked myself off my bed.

I sat down in the couch with the rest of the team and we started watching the reapings.

In district 1, there was a girl named Shimmer or something like that, and a pretty muscular boy named Marvel. Or maybe Marble. I'm horrible at names.

For district two there was a fierce looking girl named Clover and an OmygoshhotguynamedCato!!!!
I gaped at him. How could he be so perfectly shaped. And super handsome. Darn it, he's gonna just kill me in the games. There's no way someone like him will fall for a Seam girl.

"Hello?? Katniss, wakey, wakey!!" A teasing voice told me to stop daydreaming. I shot a mean glare at Peeta. "Mind your own business, Mellark!" I snarled at him.

"Whoa, whoa! Chill guys!! Nows not the time to kill! In just a couple of days you'll be able to just kill each other to your hearts content!" Haymitch slurred. I rolled my eyes at our drunken mentor and turned my attention back to the screen.

We missed the reaping of district 4 but got to watch the rest.

From district 11, there was a small girl named Rue who looked like she was Prim's age and a big guy named Thresh. Ooh. He's gonna be a threat all right.

Then our district. I couldn't watch. I hope I didn't make a fool of myself on Panem-wide television.

I breathed out heavily when the Capitol seal showed and went blank as if I was holding in a breath.

The rest of the day, I couldn't get Cato out of my head. He has to be the only one on the world that could be so perfect and handsome.
I thought.

That night for dinner, I didn't have much of an appetite but the lamb stew with plums was pretty delicious.

After our supper I took a shower and fell fast asleep, with my head full of Cato.