Chapter 6:

Cato POV:

"Clove let's go!! We're watching the reaping!" I called. Clove is a huge slowpoke. She takes forever on everything, except, unfourtunately, killing.

We all plopped down on the couch and Clove sat on top of me. I hope that wasn't supposed to mean something because I only think of Clove as a friend.

I payed slight attention to the rest of the careers to see who would be a good ally but droned out on the rest of the districts.

But then for some reason, I felt a pulling to the television when we were watching district 12's.

District 12?! But they are the poorest district! Why would I have to watch them?

Then I saw a gorgeous brunette volunteer and walk up to the stage. Then the lady named Effie asked her what her name was.

Stop annoying her, Effie! She hates you!

Wait, why was I defending her? Then I looked at Katniss again and instantly fell for her. She was so beautiful and just seemed like she wanted to protect her sister from the games. I felt sympathy for her and much, much more.

"He-llo!!" Clove's demanding voice rang. "Stop dreaming lover-boy!" I rolled my eyes at her and stalked to my room.

I flopped on my bed, instantly falling asleep, dreaming of the beautiful Seam girl.