Chapter 12:

The interviews.

~~~~~~Cato POV~~~~~

I stormed out of Katniss's room.

"Marvel!" I yelled. Turning the corner, I saw Marvel and Sparkle in a make out session.

"Marvel!" I yelled again. He looked up and blushed. Sparkle waved shyly at me.

My face set in grim line, I said forcefully, "Marvel, I told you that Katniss would say no! Now I just made a fool of myself in front of my crush!"

Stopping myself a second too late, I looked at Sparkle and I could see her giggle behind her hand.

Glaring at her I spoke to Marvel again.

"Marvel, you're my best friend. But you need to keep your attention more on the Games that are coming up in a few days instead of Sparkle over here." I gestured to Sparkle.

Marvel sighed. "Cato, you're my best friend too, but, you see, i love Glimmer and once the Games are over, we're going to get married."

I saw Sparkle shake Marvels arm and whisper in his ear. Marvels face turned bright red.

Confused, I rethought about what Marvel said.

'After the Games are over, we're going to get married.'

They're getting married after he games?

But only one person can come out alive!

"Marvel, please tell me what's going on."

He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Cato, me and Glimmer were talking together one day and overheard some peacekeepers talking about that there will be two victors coming out of the arena."

I gasped. Even if Katniss and I don't ally, we can still get out alive together. But then my best friend would have to die..................

"Marvel, that's...... amazing! We can make it out together!"

I regretted saying that as soon as my eyes landed on Glimmer.

"Sorry Glimmer." I said.

She nodded and then laid her head on Marvels shoulder.

I sighed and said "See ya later, pal." And walked away to the elevator that whooshed me down to my floor where I slumped on my bed and fell into a dreamless sleep.

"Cato!" I heard Lily, my escort yell.

"Time to get ready for the interviews!!!"

Groaning, I heaved myself out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom where my stylists were.

They quickly set to work on me and plucked my eyebrows and primped me up to look presentable for the Capitol.

In three hours, I was in a gold and black tuxedo with my hair slicked back with a whole bottle of gel! and feeling very fresh.

Steeping out of my dressing room, I approached Clove, who actually looked pretty good.

Because we were required to do it, I stepped by Cloves side and we linked arms.

Me and Clove were just friends but she was leaning her head on my shoulder and everything!

"Uh Clove, don't you have a boyfriend?" I asked, gesturing to Peeta.

Nodding and looking kind of embarrassed, she slowly picked her head off my shoulder.

As all the tributes lined up to enter the backstage room, I noticed Katniss looked absolutely stunning.