Chapter 8:

Before I start the story, I want to give a big shout out to @annagirl8 because she helped to support my story and really encouraged me with her words and also @SyreniaLover was an awesome fan too!!!! Check out both of their books because I know they have amazing stories!!!! Please encourage them as u did to me because they'll appreciate it a lot!!!

Well anyways here's the next chapter!!!!!

Oh and if u can't remember why happened, Katniss just finished the parade and went to the roof to get some fresh air, but turns out,, Cato wanted fresh air too......

~~~~~~Katniss POV~~~~~~

"C- Cato!" I stammered. He smirked. "What are you doing up here Princess?" He asked me.

"It's none of your business, Two!" I snarled back.
Did he just call me, Princess??

Can't a girl just get fresh air and relax with out having to face any girly problems?

Cato cackled. I eyed him curiously. "Well, would'ya look at that, we both needed a break from the attention." And with that he leaned on the railing, looking down on the glowing city below.

Is he..... flirting with me?

I shook my head and leaned back myself, trying to relax but boy, does this guy know how to cause tension!

A shiver ran through my body and I could tell Cato saw. I pretended not to mind but the cold was really starting to get to me now.

Folding my arms over my chest, I tried keeping the cold out of my body and looking at the lights below, but no matter what, I still couldn't keep warm!!!!!

Soon, I felt two strong arms wrap themselves around me and engulf me in warmth and love.

Too tired to care, I just sank in to the goodness, and finally relaxed.

Just as my eyes were closing, a familiar face loomed over my head and quickly kissed me. Such soft lips.......

I jolted awake. Where's Cato? Why am I in my bed. I don't sleepwalk!

Looking around, I saw Cato eyeing me curiously. I have him a strange look and slumped into my pillow.

Why is this jerk here?

"Go away, Cato!" I scolded him. "I want to sleep in peace, without you in them!!" Cato smirked and said mysteriously, "Well as far as I know," he crouched closer to me, my heart pumping harder and harder. "You dream about me every night, even when I'm not there." And with that he kissed my forehead and left all in a grand total of a few seconds.

Shaking my head and taking deep breaths to calm myself down, I enclosed myself into my blankets.

Pulling Cato out of my head, I thought about tomorrow, Training Day #1.

I sighed. Just go to bed Katniss. This will all be over in the morning.

Listening to my conscience, I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~Clove POV~~~~~~~

As we were riding in our chariot in the parade, I noticed Cato glimpsing at District 12's tributes.

What's so special about her, the plant - name - girl? If someone else catches Cato's eye, I'm sure to die in the Games.

It's all part of my master plan.

1- get Cato to love me.
2- he will protect me in the games.
3- we will be the last one in the games.
4- .........

How will I win if I have to kill my best friend to do it? Aaaarrgghhh!!

Take a deep breath Clove. One step at a time.

First I will, get Cato, then...... Everything will work out itself, I assured myself.

"Cato." I said in a singsong voice. "What are you doing? We have to pretend to like each other."

He scoffed at my comment. "No we don't, thats the job for District 4. And u can control who I get to look at!" He stated me straight in he eyes, as if trying to taunt me.

I need to make hm like me. What's one thing Cato can't stand?

Jealously!

I'll go out with another boy and Cato will get jealous! Then we can win the games together.!

Smirking, I looked at all the chariots. Hmmm..... The boy from five was pretty good looking. And the boy from one. But I already knew Glimmer was crushing on him.

I don't know how I can apon this conclusion, but later that evening, I decided to flirt with Peeta, the District 12 male tribute.

Same blonde hair, blue eyes as Cato. No wonder I see good in him.

"Clove! Come out of your dream state! The parade is over!" A mocking voice called out.

I jerked awake. Was I asleep? Yep. There was a tiny little bitty drool mark right where I picked up my head. Uh!

Grumpy, I stomped inside to find something nice to wear for Peeta.

Remember to look at @annagirl8 profile because I know she has a THG fanfic !!

And @SyreniaLover needs encouragement to inspire their first story so please check them out!!!!!