Chapter 10 ㅡ Joy Of Love

You sat on your bed, repeatedly drumming your foot on the floor and fiddling with the phone in your hand. You had to ask for permission to go to Jungkook's house and you knew it would take everything inside you to say those strange words you were so exotic to in front of your father. You felt like stepping out of your limits at just the idea of casually asking him to stay at another boy's house for a few hours. This sort of normalcy was an amenity you couldn't afford.

but he had permitted you to work with a classmate once, he had to understand that this step was necessary for you to take otherwise it would be the same as before; you working alone. 

you clicked your tongue, made a sound, and switched on your phone. dialing your father's number. this was the only way left you could actually bear putting this request in front of him. but this was a challenge itself. you didn't remember the last time you had conversed with him via a phone call. You reminded yourself that it was either this or standing trembling afore him and not saying a word out of anxiety. 

before you could comprehend more of it, the call had been attended and the line was connected. ''hello?'' your father sounded skeptical. ''h-hello, dad?'' you tried to keep in the stuttering. ''yes, y/n, everything ok?'' he asked in a calm voice. you squeezed your lips, shutting your eyes to gain composure. 'this is nothing y/n, you can do this 

''for the school project, we can't work on it in school'' you were scornful of yourself for not rumbling up the words. ''so?'' he asked. ''my partner has offered to work at his home after school'' now the line went hushed and dread ate you up gradually. 
you knew a negative response waited but you were still skittish to see how hostile your father would get with his words and remind you of your restraints once again.

''ok you can go'' you stood up straight. ''really?'' you were more than astonished. you were awestruck. ''w-what about mother?'' you hesitated, the spike of hope returning back to earth. ''let's keep a secret from her, shall we?'' he laughed as you let an effortless smile curve your face. His laugh took you back to days when you were a part of a happy family. when everything was right. 

''I'll tell her that you have extra classes because of exams and that you'll come late for a day, alright?'' he asked. ''yes, thankyou'' you expressed and the call ended. your eyes found the mirror on your dressing table and a strange person smiled back at you. you kept gaping at it, learning that you had never seen yourself smile this way before. 

                    ∴━━━✿━━━∴

''he agreed in an instant!'' you chimed. ''I still can't believe it''. Jungkook gazed at you in partial dubiousness. it was peculiar to him how you were so happy about just getting permission to go to his house for school work. it was a typical thing yet so were behaving as if you had won a lottery. he didn't bother bringing it up as he was loving your smiley face from the morning. your cheerful stance had an enchantment of your own and Jungkook felt like getting enthralled by it. 

He had decided to keep his feelings for you hidden as he didn't know what was in your heart about him. 
He would graduate with good marks, find a well-paying job, and then ask you out. He had laughed at himself for thinking about a future with you so soon. 

''So I'll take you to my home today after school'' he said as you nodded happily, pursuing your lips to keep the smile in. 

                   ∴━━━✿━━━∴

''I'm not sure if my mom's home'' Jungkook told your confused formation as he tapped the password in. you both were standing outside his apartment after school. he could sense your apprehension from the number of times you had swallowed something invisible and then the way you couldn't standstill.