Chapter 18 ㅡ Because I Love You

The house caretaker paced along the main door. It had been hours since Mrs. Kim had left saying that she was going to teach you a lesson you won't forget. She had informed Mr. Kim about it but her expectations from him weren't that of something good. He might not care about you, he might prefer staying out of you and your mother. 

A car's engine roared in the dead of night as the maid quickly opened the grand doors. Mr. Kim walked in with his arms wrapped around Mrs. Kim, her looking pale and as if about to collapse. 

"S-sir" she tried but he just waved his hand in front of her vaguely and kept going towards his room. "Y-y/n?" The maid couldn't keep it in anymore. She was as worried as her maternal mother was supposed to be. "She's happy," he said with a relieved smile. "Happy". 

Mr. Kim gently made his wife sit on the bed and closed the door shut. Your mother had already wrapped the blanket tight around her and breathed heavily. He walked back to her and sat on the edge of the bed. 

"What have I done?" Mrs. Kim whispered, all her doings replaying in her mind. She had always been the one to be intimidating. The business was her second name. She had greed for power and gold bars but when had it all come in between her and her children? Since when had she been controlling you like some employ of her office. When had she ruined her perfect family? 

She was blinded. Too blinded by authority and too used to having everything under her control. She had forgotten that you, her daughter, had a life of her own. You deserved to make decisions on your own but what she had done had stripped you off of any enthusiasm or just simply confidence in your decisions. You would always be insecure and ask for approval. She had made you like this. 

Your father delicately pressed the weight of his palms on her hands that were cold and trembling. He knew she had realized all that she had done wrong. She had realized that this ruined life was her doings. She could not blame anyone for it except her. 

Mrs. Kim was silent since she had left you alone. Her tongue felt immobilized. No words would come out. Just one thought clouded her mind; 'What had she done?' 

Mr. Kim watched as his wife slipped down in the bed, drowning in the sheets. He could hear the sniffling morph into sobs and then sobs into cries. None of them were sleeping at night. They had to pay a price for all that they had imposed on you. All they had imposed on his dead son.

                                             ∴━━━✿━━━∴

You turned your head to the side, looking candidly out of the window, taking in the beautiful daylight. The trees blooming green and birds chirping loud. "Spring has come," you said. Jungkook nodded. "After a long winter"

Jungkook didn't want to ruin your perfectly happy disposition but he just couldn't wait any longer too. 
He wondered how a person like you was so relieved for what had happened had jolted jungkook to the core too. He had been expecting you to cry and wail once you woke up but you were smiling and enjoying the breeze that swirled around.

"Y/n?" Jungkook called out, taking your hands that he was so used to holding in his palms once more. You looked at him with eyes that shined bright. You had always been the most beautiful to him but the way your face looked fuller and orbs wide and clear was something that made you look gorgeous. 

He had almost forgotten what he was going to say and stared at your face until you nudged his hands. 

"Marry me y/n" he blurted out. "Marry me and let me be your only" he proposed. Yes, he had lied to your mother but that lie had saved you. "Marry me so I can protect you till my last breath and keep you save and happy, let me make you mine so that no one can take you away from me again, marry me so we'll live our forever together"