An Answer for an Answer

"It's finally the last battle of the UA High School sports festival! The top of the first years will be decided with this one match! Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugo."

Bakugo tries to steady his breathing and steps back, prepared to fight.

Okay Todoroki, let's do this.

"Now.... Start!"

Todoroki puts his hand on the ground and creates a huge wave of ice and Bakugo makes an explosion to stop it but it was so big it completely incased him. The explosion he made had given him a space around him.

Holy shit, this is a lot of ice.

He smiles.

He doesnt seriously think this can stop me, does he?

Bakugo makes another explosion, breaking more of the ice. Then he makes another, and another, and another, until he had made an opening. He jumps out and runs towards him. Todoroki holds his arm out to attack Bakugo but Bakugo pushes himself to the side with an explosion and grabs Todorokis head. Bakugo then flips over him and throws him across the ring. Before Todoroki lands he shoots out ice and lands on it. Then he creates a huge wall of ice on the side of the ring. Bakugo runs towards him and tries to explode him but Todoroki grabs his arm and pulls him across the ring. Bakugo lands on the ground and looks up at Todoroki.

Bakugo runs towards him and launches himself upwards with an explosion. Todoroki throws more ice at him but Bakugo explodes the ice and hits him with an explosion. Todoroki gets pushed back by it but he gets up quickly. He doesnt seem to be too hurt, but he is breathing heavily.

He looks tired. I only need to get a few more hits in.

Todoroki shoots another big wave of ice towards Bakugo. Bakugo holds onto one of his own arms and shoots a huge explosion going through the ice and pushing Todoroki back against the wall of ice he had made before.

That damn wall... I need to destroy it.

Bakugo runs forward but when Todoroki shoots more ice at him he uses his quirk to push him to the side. When he gets near Todoroki he jumps up with an explosion and Todoroki shoots ice where he was but he jumps over Todoroki and makes another huge explosion destroying a large portion of the wall. He then turns back and shoots an explosion at Todoroki. Bakugo lands right next to the edge of the ring.

Well I should probably get away from the edge.

Todoroki gets up and Bakugo runs to the side of him away from the edge.

He's weak. If I can just get another hit in I can have him.

Bakugo runs towards him.

He has quick reflexes, so you can't get to close to him like you did before.

Bakugo gets within around 3 feet of him.

You need to make a big explosion, and hit him all the way from here, something that can hurt him a lot. Like the explosion when you were fighting Uraraka.

He pushes himself upwards and puts his arm out to make giant explosion but Todoroki makes a giant wave of ice and when Bakugo makes the explosion it only barely pushes Todoroki back. However, it did push Bakugo back.

He falls on his back, outside of the ring.

"Bakugo is out of bounds! Todoroki wins."

Todoroki looks at bakugo for a moment who's sitting up and holding the back of his head.

I- I failed.

He hears the crowd cheering and doesnt look up at Todoroki.

I can't believe it, I failed. I didn't beat him- damn it! I let him beat me in front of everyone and know everyone thinks that I'm weak because I-