𝕥 𝕨 𝕠

𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕟𝕞𝟛𝟛 (𝕥𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣)
✧✧✧✧✧

Your eyes fluttered open as the annoying sound of your alarm screamed into your ears. Your alarm was your least favorite sound in the world. You groaned and hit snooze, desperate for just ten more minutes of rest.

But then you remembered that it was the first day of the semester. Normally you're not huge on first impressions, but because you're the new kid and everybody already knew each other you figured that it was in your best interests to put some effort into your appearance today.

You swung your legs over the bed and sleepily approached your closet, scanning the inside for a good first day outfit. You opted for casual: a pair of loose and ripped blue jeans, a graphic t shirt, and chunky white tennis shoes. You accessorized with small gold hoops and rings. After you were satisfied with your look, you made your way to your bathroom to brush your teeth, apply deodorant, and style your hair. Finally, you did your makeup the way you preferred and spritzed your favorite perfume onto your wrists. With a last look at yourself in the mirror, you decided that you were ready. Or should you change? Did it look like you wasn't trying enough? Are you trying too hard? This was new to you since you've never had to worry about other people's impressions of you before. At your old school whether they liked you or not, sooner or later they would end up sucking up to you, hoping to gain status or who knows what.

But that's not what you wanted anymore. You craved for people to like you because you're a kick ass human being. Not because of what your parents have done or the money you have. That's precisely why you've made it your mission to get through the school year without letting anyone know about your family and history.

You collected the necessary school supplies for the day and shoved them into your plain black backpack. The air started to smell like food which led you to assume that Mikasa was up making herself breakfast. After wandering into the kitchen, sure enough you saw her standing at the stove ready for school and making eggs. She heard your foot steps approaching and turned around. "Good morning," you greeted with a smile. You began to make coffee for the two of you.

"Morning. I'm making eggs and toast, want some?" she offered. You nodded yes as the smell of fresh coffee filled your nose, waking you up even more.

Once breakfast was ready, you both sat at the dark wood kitchen table and ate together and chatted about the day ahead. "So my friends that are going to be at lunch today are gonna be Sasha, Jean, and Connie. I don't think Reiner or Bertholdt will be there, but we'll see," she explained.

"You're for sure going to have to tell me their names again when we get there," you laughed, beginning to get excited at the prospect of making new friends. But what kind of name was Bertholdt?

"I'll introduce you when you meet them. So I've known them all since freshmen year when we all dormed in the same hall. I was roommates with Sasha, Jean and Connie lived together across the hall, and then Reiner and Bertholdt shared a room next to us. It was easy for all of us to become friends since we lived so close together," Mikasa explained. "Sasha ended up moving into this apartment complex this year with Connie and Jean to save money. They wanted me to join, but I don't think I could handle living with the three of them combined. Which led me to finding you." She threw a cheeky smile your way and took a bite of her toast.

"It's pretty impressive that you guys have been able to stay friends all this time," you admired. Jealousy gently coursed through you but you tried to suppress it. You'd never been able to keep friends for very long because of your situation. They'd always found ways to stab you in the back.