𝕥 𝕙 𝕚 𝕣 𝕥 𝕪 - 𝕥 𝕨 𝕠

𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪_𝕒𝕠𝕥 (𝕥𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣)
✧✧✧✧✧

"I haven't told Eren yet," you mumbled sheepishly while driving towards Historia's house. Mikasa sat in the passenger's seat in silence while peering out the window, collecting her thoughts until she was ready to speak.

"I would tell him soon, Y/N. I think he'll be okay. He loves you enough to accept that. But I don't think he'll react well if he thinks you've been hiding it from him. And the longer you go without telling him, the worse it'll be."

"You're right, you're right," you groaned. "Especially after everything that just happened. It's hard. We just got back together, and I feel happier now than I have in over a month. I'm so fucking scared that this is going to come crashing back down again."

Mikasa turned your way once more, her short bobbed hair swinging softly against her jaw. Her delicate, pale hand reached for your own hair and caressed the back of it comfortingly. "You're both so much stronger than this hiccup. You've already proved that to everybody, and to each other. Have some faith in him. I don't think he's ever going to let you go again."

Clarity washed over you like a warm, soothing shower as her words sunk into your brain. "Since when did you get so good with words, Mikasa?" you joked, feeling better already.

"I've learned a lot about myself and my friends these past few weeks. What I did to you had more consequences than I imagined, the worst of all being when I thought I lost both you and Eren for good," she answered, clearly leaving out some important details.

"Like what?" you pried, not being savvy to what had happened in your friend group recently.

"Well everybody clearly wanted to know why you had stormed out of the party upset and why I fought Hitch after it all happened. Clearly I was in the wrong, so everyone sort of took a step back from me. Obviously Eren didn't talk to me other than a few words during the holidays so that our families wouldn't ask questions. And Jean, hell, we almost broke up over it too."

"What? Why would you two break up over it?" you gasped.

"It was so complicated, but basically he was afraid that I still had feelings for Eren. Like, major feelings. He thought that I was trying to break the two of you up by telling Hitch so that Eren would date me again," she explained.

"I could see how he felt that way," you barely whispered, remembering that those were your exact thoughts when you had learned the truth of who actually told Hitch about your wealth.

"Yeah, I know. But I swear that those were not my intentions. Shit, I didn't even really have any intentions. I was just so tired of carrying that secret alone, and I was hurt. Which again doesn't excuse my actions. But I promise that any romantic feelings that I had for Eren are gone forever. Seeing him so miserable without you, along with how miserable I was without Jean when he took a few days to mull everything over sealed the deal. I know that everything that happened was for the best. Eren is meant for you, and I am meant for Jean."

Now that you cared so deeply for Eren, it was easy to forget that he had dated Mikasa briefly in high school. The very thought sparked ugly feelings within you, making you change the subject immediately. "So did Jean just get over it? You guys looked pretty cozy when Eren and I walked in earlier," you asked.

"Nope. It took a lot of talking and explaining. Not to mention he was pissed like everyone else that I was the reason that you were gone and that Eren was so upset. It took about a week for him to understand my side of things, and we slowly built our relationship back up again. It wasn't easy, but like I said, I deserved everything that came my way after I...after-"