𝕖 𝕝 𝕖 𝕧 𝕖 𝕟

𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕠𝕝𝕒𝕜𝕒𝕤𝕒 (𝕥𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕣)
✧✧✧✧✧

"Why won't Eren like me back?" You were stunned at her sudden bluntness, especially after her constant insistence that she didn't have feelings for him prior.

"W- what do you mean?" you slurred. The alcohol continued to numb you. Were you even sure that's what she said? Maybe you truly were just dreaming.

"I've been by his side for so long, and no matter how hard I've tried he's ne- never liked me back." She let out an exasperated sigh next to you.

"I thought you said you guys tried dating in high school. Didn't it not work out?" you questioned. You sobered up by the second, and you knew with certainty at this point that you absolutely were not dreaming.

"I mean," she hiccuped, "yeah. But we only broke up because it's what he wanted and I went along with it. I would have stayed with him forever and ever." She started giggling at herself, but you didn't know what was so funny. You felt uneasy and couldn't quite pinpoint why. "I think I'm friend zoned."

"You deserve better than him anyways." You hesitated before continuing. "Like Jean for example. He would totally go for you."

"Really? You think Jean would go for me?"

"Anyone would be crazy not to. Eren included," you pressed. "But yeah, I think Jean would be all over that." You remembered all of the times you caught him desperate for the sweet small glances of her. When you met him at the cafeteria and he couldn't take his eyes off of her, especially when she spoke. When he squeezed her tight before Eren's party. Every single time he backed her up when Connie would argue with her to try to rile her up. And he seemed to always claim a seat next to her when he could.

"I'll think about it. Jean is hot, and he's nice. Nicer than Eren. I guess I've just never thought of hi- him in that way," she murmured. "I think I've been too focused on Eren instead."

"Like you told me before, Eren needs to figure his shit out before he gets involved with anyone, right? You can't fix him," you told her. Were you trying to convince her? Or yourself?

No. Not yourself. He was obviously super hot, but he was rude as hell too. And your roommate was spewing her feelings for him in her drunken stupor. And you were fucking one of his good friends. You couldn't even entertain those thoughts about what his lips might feel like against yours, or the way you know you could make him moan your name.

"You're so right, Y/N. Thank you. I- I think I need to go to sleep. I'm just saying stupid shit anyways." She rolled onto her back and took a deep, concentrated breath. "Good night," she said between more hiccups. You found her hand beside her body under the covers the two of you were sharing and gave it quick, tight, and reassuring squeeze.

"Night, Mika." She fell fast asleep, but your mind was reeling. You weren't sure if it was because of how horny booze was always sure to make you, or if the booze was making you think more clearly. All you did know is that something about Mikasa revealing her true feelings upset you, and you weren't sure why. You had nothing to be upset about, if anything you could have been upset that Eren Jaeger was hurting your best friend maybe without even realizing it.

But it was worse than that. You felt possessive of Eren, as if he was yours now and Mikasa couldn't have him. It didn't make sense to you because of how you were close you were to actually dating Reiner instead.

Maybe you were just getting used to the attention Eren had been giving you. You liked the way it felt, the little game the two of you played. If Mikasa really had feelings for him, your game would have to be called off for the sake of your friendship. You supposed that you'd have to stop regardless if you started dating Reiner.