II

Tintin

Two days have past and I haven't heard one word from my new neighbor. Mrs.Finch seems to have a liking to her though, and she is hard to please. I've seen her out taking photos of the town on a couple occasions. She seems to be attached to that camera. I wonder why it means so much to her?

Suddenly Snowy started to claw, which snapped me from my thoughts. "What is it Snowy? Do you need to go out?" I asked him. I walked to the door at a fast pace. I didn't want another accident... I opened the door and Snowy raced down stairs. "Hold on a second." I grumbled as I walked down the stairs.

Clump
Clump
Clump
Clump

Snowy wined again. "What is your problem? You never act this frantic." I say to him. He barked again. This must mean that a crime is happening. "Great snakes Snowy! Why didn't you say anything sooner." I said and practically jumped down the rest of the stairs. I ran outside and looked around.

"Help!" I heard a familiar voice cry out. Abigale. "Please someone stop that Man!" She yelled again. She was running pretty fast, and I couldn't help but notice she was bare foot. The man she was chasing was carrying a light brown leather satchel, and by the looks of it it was chipping with age. Soon Abigale ran past me. She was completely out of breath. "What did he take?" I asked. "Satchel... Camera... Need it..." She said though breaths. The man was almost out of sight. I knew I could catch him.

I ran as fast I could but he crossed the street. I would have been road kill if Abigale hadn't pulled me back. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch him." I replied apologetically. "A life is not worth a little camera. I'll save up for a new one." She sighed as she place her hand on her temple. "I'll buy you a new one." I told her. "No. Seriously, don't. I moved to a whole nother country so I could be independent." She said. I think I might have hit a nerve. "I don't want any help," she said as her voice started to crack, "just leave me alone." And with that she ran off back into the building. Oh yeah, I had most certainly hit something.

Snowy looked up at my with the 'are you kidding me look'. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I was trying my best. I just wanted to make her feel better." I said defensively. He huffed out, and I pushed back my ginger quiff. Something happened in her life time that has made her bottle up. It must have been extremely terrible. "I'll leave her alone, but Thompson and Thomson need to know about this." I tell him. I start the walk to the police station.
...
"Hello Mr.Tintin." Thompson says. "Yes hello!" Thomson joins in. I nodded to them and sighed. "There was a burglary today. A acquaintance of mind had her camera stolen. Neither of us saw the mans face, but I have total faith in you!" I say to them. The last part might have been a lie, but it was to make them feel better. "Oh dear. We are on the case Mr.Tintin." They replied in unison. "I knew I could count on you two." And with that I walk out.

"Okay Snowy. We need to keep an eye out for an old camera. Maybe that brown satchel too. He might still be using it." I tell Snowy. He barks with agreement.

I might have just found a new story. Thank you Abigale.