Reassurance

Hope fell back asleep before Scott did. Or so he thought. She was still thinking about her nightmare. She didn't tell Scott about it, he had enough to worry about. She was still thinking about it when she heard him say, "Get some sleep. You'll regret it tomorrow if you don't." His eyes were still closed, yet somehow he knew that she was awake. "And why is that?" She asked. "Uh, no reason." He said sleepily. "Scott." She said with a tone that meant, "Answer, or I'll punch you." "Fine. So earlier today, I talked to Tony, and he asked if we wanted to host a "Victory over Thanos Lunch." His words, not mine." He said after opening his eyes. "And before you get mad and tell me that I should have said no, this could be a good opportunity to tell them about us, instead of telling them each individually." He said quickly. "Okay, I'll give you that. But you said yes to hosting the party before I said yes to your proposal, so you just came up with that excuse right now." She said teasingly. "You're right. And honestly, at the time, I thought you were going to say no." He admitted. "Why would I say no?" She asked. "Well, it kind of seems like whenever we're together, you're life somehow ends up in danger. Maybe you would finally realize that you would be better off without me." He said bitterly. "Don't say that Scott, don't ever say that. I could never find anyone better for me than you." She said, kissing his cheek. "You've made my life worth living. You taught me how to love again. And even when I tried to push you away, you always came back to me. I still remember when we first started working together, and you came to talk to me in my car. You told me the only reason you were in the suit was because you were expendable. But you're not. Not to me. I don't care what my dad said, you are good enough for me." She said as she felt him pulling her closer. "What did I ever do to deserve you?" He asked before kissing her softly. "You broke into my dad's house." She replied with a smile. "He wanted me to!" He defended himself. They both fell asleep laughing, knowing that they were going to be okay.

                                                                               Author's Note

I know this is a really short chapter, but I promise it will be worth it when I publish the next chapter. I'm calling it now when you get to a certain point in the next chapter, you will be screaming happily. I AM CALLING IT NOW!