Chapter 7

Christian

     "So," Jordan says from behind me. I breathe in sharply. I was worried about what she was going to say.

Instead of saying anything, she places her phone in front of my face. A picture of Mitchel and me posing on the red carpet from the other day was on the screen.

Mitchel looked so handsome compared to me.

I roll my eyes and gently push the phone away. "When are you gonna tell him?" Jordan asks me. I shrug and cross my arms. "Why do I have to tell him again?" I ask, tired of this back-and-forth between Jordan and I.

"I can't keep this a secret forever," Jordan whines, walking out from behind the couch and standing in front of me. "He's my best friend," Jordan adds. Her eyes pleaded for me to understand what she was saying.

"You should have thought about that before you decided to come and spend a month with me in Sydney." I remind her. "You told him you were going on a trip for work, not to fuck his ex."

"You bought me the ticket," Jordan spits, throwing her phone down on the couch. She was getting defensive when she didn't have the right to. Jordan had the same amount of fault in this situation as I did. "Doesn't mean you had to use it." I retort.

     I was being an asshole, and I was well aware of it. The problem was, being an asshole was my specialty. 

I was nice, but I also could be the coldest person you've ever met. Unfortunately for Jordan, 'nice' no longer existed between us. If anything, we had a strong dislike towards one another now.

I suppress my growing annoyance by sighing.

"You do realize he'll never speak to me or you ever again," I remind Jordan, looking at her like she was the stupidest person on the planet. If she really wanted to keep her friendship with Mitchel, she'd keep her mouth shut, but it didn't seem like she had the guts to.

"He deserves to know. Especially now that you're back..." Jordan trails off. She sits next to me, placing a hand on my knee. 

I scoot further down the sofa, leaving some distance between us.

"When you left Australia, you were all about me. You wanted me." I look at her in disbelief. Her eyes with glassy with tears. "W-we went out, kissed, held hands-"

"That's over!" I yell at her, making Jordan flinch at my harsh reaction. She sniffles as the fresh tears fall down her rosy cheeks. "So we were nothing? Just fucking around?" Anger was written all over her face. 

"I thought you knew that from the beginning?" I reply with a bored tone. "Can I leave? Mitchel thinks I'm at the store." I decide to change the subject as going around in circles over the same damn thing was pointless.

"This isn't fair," Jordan whispers to herself as she shakes her head in disapproval. "No. What's not fucking fair is you holding this over my head!" I yell. I get up from the couch abruptly. "I didn't want what happened between us. You knew I was in a tough spot and just needed someone. If it hadn't been you, it probably would've been some bitch down the street."

"You bought me the fucking ticket!" Jordan gets up and stands in front of me again. 

     She rests her hands on her hips and stares back at me with hatred. "You told me to come! You told me to stay with you! You told me you didn't give a fuck if Mitchel knew about us or not! Now you're trying to keep it all hush?" Jordan shoves me, making me stumble back.