Chapter 32

Mitchel

      Jordan's front door finally opens. Her eyes widen at my presence. We both awkwardly stare at each other.  

I never knocked when I came over. Jordan gave me her spare key so I could come over whenever I wanted. 

Things had changed. We changed. 

"What are you doing here?" Jordan looks around to make sure no one else is with me. I had to assume she was looking for Christian. 

"I wanna talk," Jordan takes a long hard look at me. She opens her door wider, allowing me to come in. She looked a mess. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I begin. She slams her door shut, ignoring my question.

 "What are you talking about?" She asks. I scoff. "Did you forget you had a literal gun pointed at my boyfriends head three days ago?" 

"You're still together? You must really hate yourself." I bite the inside of my cheek at Jordan's words. I think I did too.

"What have I done to you to make you hate me so much? You have the audacity to act like I've done something wrong?" 

"You're right. I'm sorry." Jordan throws her hands up in the air dramatically. "I forgot you're perfect and do absolutely nothing wrong. My fucking fault." Jordan snaps. She angrily crosses her arms.

"What did I do? Huh? I'm not the one who broke your heart. That was Christian." I remind her.

 "I find it funny that you're standing in my home and acting like what he's done is okay. Your ex is literally dead because of him."

"Travis made that fucking decision on his own. Christian didn't force him. Travis broke the law. He was looking at six years in prison. You can't blame someone for something like that!" My voice cracks at the end of my sentence.

I hated saying that Travis died out loud.

     Jordan shakes her head, looking away from me. "Christian was there when he wrecked my car!" 

"And for that, you get someone to threaten to kill him?" I was in disbelief. "So what if you go to prison for attempted murder? You're gonna kill yourself and leave a note saying it was his fault too?" 

Jordan points a shaky finger at me. "There weren't any bullets in the gun!" 

"It doesn't matter! Christian didn't know that. Aaron pulled the trigger six times. All Christian knew was that if he didn't satisfy you and Aaron, he was gonna end up dead."

Jordan runs her hand through her hair, walking away from me. She sits down on her couch. An empty bottle of wine is nearby. She looked distraught. 

"What do you want me to do? Turn myself in?" I walk into Jordan's living room. The pictures of her and I were gone. A majority of her things were in boxes or random places where they didn't belong. 

     I sit down next to her, trying to gather my thoughts. "I want you to go through your life knowing you threatened to take someone's life. All because he stupidly led you on. Christian hurt you, and for that, I'll apologize for him, but that never gave you the right to do what you've done."