Chapter 15

Christian

     I look next to me, admiring Mitchel sleeping. He looked so peaceful, which in turn, made me feel peaceful. 

I loved the effect he had on me. A small smile finds its way to my lips.

 I didn't deserve all the chances Mitchel had given me, but I was happy that he gave me them to me anyway. It showed that he loved me. He was loyal to our relationship and friendship. It showed a lot about his who he was as a person. 

     I slowly remove the sheets off my body, ensuring I don't move too much so Mitchel wouldn't wake up. I sit on the edge of the bed, looking around the room for nothing in particular. 

I felt sad, but I didn't want to make myself even sadder by thinking about why I was sad. Then again, there were plenty of things to be sad about. 

I shake it off and slowly sneak out of Mitchel's room. Since it was three a.m., nobody else was awake, and the house was quiet. Sometimes it was weird to think that there were three people living here. It almost seemed as if no one did when we all had gone to sleep. 

     I was in the mood to do something fun. I wanted to forget about all my worries for a few hours. Things needed to feel semi-normal.

 If I couldn't have a few hours of normalcy in my life, I might actually go crazy.

I look around Mitchel's comfortable room. He did his best to keep it clean, unlike his brother. Occasionally, he'd leave clothes on the floor, but they never stayed there for more than three days. He was organized and precise about everything he did.

His attention to detail is the main reason why our most popular songs became successful. They needed to be perfect before they were released. 

     Mitchel liked expensive things, but he was never one to brag about how much money we had. We all thought it was important to remember where we came from, but Mitchel took it more seriously than Clinton and I. 

He didn't want to become someone who always wore designer clothing or bought the fanciest cars. 

Since I met Mitchel, he dreamed of owning a Lexus, but when he had the money to buy one, he opted for a BMW instead. It was a great car, but it wasn't even a newer model. It was a pre-owned 2018. 

He was thrilled with his choice, but I never understood why he didn't buy his dream car. Mitchel said there were more important things in life than buying his dream car. He said he liked dreaming about owning it rather than buying the Lexus the moment he knew he could afford it. 

He wanted to wait until he retired. It gave him something to look forward to every day.

     There was nothing fun to do in the house at this hour, so I would have to go out and find something to do. 

I throw on my jeans and Mitchel's shirt he wore earlier. 

Thankfully, I left my shoes in the garage so I wouldn't make too much noise looking around for them. 

Mitchel was the only person I could spend twenty-four hours with, and still wish there was more time. He understood me more than anyone ever could. I had a few friends that knew me well, but none of them compared to Mitchel. 

He was different. 

"Hey," I whisper. No reaction. I sigh to myself and move some of Mitchel's hair out of his face.

 "Hey, wake up," I try again. He groans and opens his eyes slowly. "You should get dressed," I tell him. Mitchel hums in response. He looked so cute when he was sleepy.