Chapter 17

Christian

     Being with Mitchel was a dream. He was everything I could ever want in a person. 

He was kind, caring, respectful, supportive, and so much more.

 I wanted him to be with me until I took my last breath. 

A lot of the time, people who fall in love young or meet in high school are bound to fall apart, but that wasn't Mitchel and I. We were different. 

We were best friends, work partners, and lovers. 

I was lucky; there was no denying it. Sometimes, I liked to boost my ego and think Mitchel was lucky too, but he wasn't. I knew he deserved better. 

     I was home alone for once. Clinton and Mitchel had flown to New York to spend the weekend with their older brother, Taylor, before he went back to Australia. 

Mitchel had asked me to come with them, but I thought it was best for Clinton and Mitchel to talk about things without me present. 

Unfortunately for me, I didn't know what to do with the weekend all to myself.

 I went to the gym this morning, took a nap when I got home, watched a movie, and worked on music. It was 9 pm, and I had nothing left to do. 

I wander down the stairs, looking for something to occupy my mind. Watching more TV sounded boring, and going to sleep felt too depressing at this hour. 

I sigh loudly as I look around the living room. It was so fucking empty without Mitchel and Clinton. What did they do when they were alone? Probably played video games, but that sounded boring too.

I honestly don't understand how people live alone and like it. Maybe their mental health was better than mine.

     I walk into the kitchen. I didn't particularly like cooking, but I was so bored, I preferred learning how to make something than continuing to wander around the house like I was lost.

 I open the pantry, looking for something to make. But, there were only soup cans and random cans of tomatoes, beans, and other food products. Whoever went to the store last was a horrible shopper.

I yank open the refrigerator door and repeat the same process that I did in the pantry. "Nothing," I say to myself. I slam it shut and start looking through all of the cabinets. 

Dishes, bowls, glasses, mugs...

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," I say to myself. I groan and open the last cabinet.

 I stare at the plastic bottle that was looking back at me. 

I swallow hard and go to grab it, but a knock on the front door forces me to leave the bottle alone. 

No one was supposed to come over, so who could possibly be bothering me? I hesitantly walk to the front door, looking through the peephole.

Jordan. 

What the fuck is she doing here?

      I angrily unlock the door. "Mitchel isn't here," I tell her with a bored tone. "I know." 

 "What do you want then? You're boring me already." I retort. 

"I wanna talk." She states, walking inside the house. 

"Sure, come in," I say more to myself as I slam the front door closed, narrowing my eyes at her.

 Jordan walks to the living room and sits down on the couch. She was wearing a short dress with heels. Trouble was written all over her.