Chapter 24

Mitchel

     I lay down on my bed, my thoughts going a hundred miles per minute. Christian hadn't been talking much since the night of the party. I could tell he felt bad that I was hurt, even though I kept reassuring him that I was fine and that it wasn't his fault.

Jordan wasn't answering me, so I was beginning to feel alone.

After the party, Travis was arrested a day later for owning a gun without a permit.

Even if he did somehow get a permit, he was legally not allowed to own a gun due to the fact that he'd already been in jail before.

The cops couldn't find any evidence that Travis wrecked Jordan's car, but the gun matched the bullets in the tires, so they figured it was him, beside him owning the gun in the first place.

     "Mitchel?" I hear. "Come in." I say. my door opens, and I see Xavier, who gives me a sympathetic look. "You okay?" He asks. I shrug, sitting up, so there was room for Xavier to sit down.

"So much is going on, and I don't even know why." I tell him. "To make matters worse, Christian seems to be upset about something. I thought it was because of what happened at the party, but I'm starting to think that's not the reason." 

"I'm guessing you've tried speaking to him?" Xavier asks me. I nod.

"I'm sure he'll tell you when he's ready." Xavier assures me. "Anyway, how are you? I haven't seen you in days."

Xavier shrugs and lays back on my bed, staring at the ceiling with a look of defeat.

"Been busy with work. You know how it is." I half-smile. "Any new music soon?" I ask him. "I think I have something. I don't know. We'll see what my label thinks." He tells me. "I'm sure it's great."

Xavier sits back up and looks at me. "Did you know Jordan was in Australia a few months ago?" Xavier asks me. I frown. "No? I don't think so. When?" Xavier shrugs.

"I was at her apartment a few days ago. She let me borrow her computer because mine broke. I was trying to edit some photos for promo, and I saw pics in her camera roll. One of the buildings in the picture look familiar, so I clicked on one, and the date was from like...two months ago." He tells me.

"Why wouldn't she tell us?" I ask. "I don't know. The pics looked like they were for work. I didn't ask her about it. I just thought it was weird that she didn't say anything.

I think back to two months ago. Jordan had said she was going out of the country for work but didn't tell Xavier or I where.

Since we were from Australia, I was surprised she didn't say anything. "Did you ask her?"

Xavier shakes his head. "She would've been mad that I was looking through her shit. The photos looked work related, so that's why I kinda let it go, but I still thought it was weird that she didn't say anything."

I nod in agreement. "She hasn't been talking to me much." I admit. "She hasn't talked to me much either."

"What's going on with her?" I ask rhetorically.

"I don't know. Get dressed and we can head over to her apartment."

I groan in response. "Please don't make me leave!" I whine. Xavier grabs my hands and forces me out of my bed.

"I'll go but I'm not changing." I tell Xavier. "Whatever. Come on."

I grab my phone and wallet as Xavier and I leave my room.