Chapter 9

Mitchel

     "When the fuck can we go home?" I whisper into Christian's ear as we approach the house of someone I didn't know.

 "Home?" Christian exclaims, looking at me like I was crazy. "We just got here." I roll my eyes in annoyance. 

"So?" I mutter as we walk up the stairs that led to the front door.

There was a large man standing in front of the door, his arms in front of him with his hands clasped together. 

A few people were in front of us, so I could hear the man ask for the name of whoever was next in line. He would then look for the person's name on a list, check them off, and allow them entry.

     Parties, such as this one, were never my scene. They felt too...preppy. 

We had a lot of money, but I never liked being treated differently because of our social or economic status. The people who normally attended these parties thought they were better than everyone because they were rich, famous, or good-looking. 

     I grab my black sunglasses from the inside pocket of my blazer and put them on. 

It was nighttime, but no matter the time of day, I did not want to be here. 

I practically begged Christian not to drag me along, but he forced me out of the house by threatening not to sleep in my room for a week. It only made me crankier. 

 I wanted how I was feeling to be known to anyone who came within a five-foot radius of me. Maybe then they would leave me alone

 I narrow my eyes behind my sunglasses as I eye all of the people around us. They didn't have to say anything for more to know that they were all annoying. 

We were at this stupid party because Clinton is friends with the host.

 If it had been me, I would have found any excuse not to go. 

     The three of us finally reach the man taking names. "Chase Atlantic," Clinton speaks for us. I cross my arms as we wait for our band name to be found. It felt like it was taking the security guy five years. 

"Go ahead." The man says with a bored tone, moving aside so we could enter. 

As usual, my brother and Christian walk in first, greeting people and acknowledging the people who were presently surprised to see us. 

I follow behind both of them, placing my hands in my pant pockets. Unlike my bandmates, I did not greet anyone. I kept to myself and avoided anyone I knew. 

Asshole move, but there wasn't any part of me that cared. 

I keep my sunglasses on as the three of us walk through the massive home. There had to be drinks somewhere. If there weren't, I was going to steal a car and go home. 

     A lot of the girls were dressed in mini skirts or tight dresses and the guys wore fancy and expensive suits. Of course, it was all designer. The house itself was worth over five million, but if someone included the cost of each outfit, Elon Musk would look broke. 

Everyone looked amazing, but no one came close to looking as good as Christian. 

Christian was wearing a white Dolce and Gabbana suit with gold charms that had the letters "D" and "G" all over the suit. His hair was slicked back, exposing the sexy undercut he had given himself. 

He stood out the most out of everyone. I could tell because so many girls were staring at him in awe. It made me jealous, but I refused to let anyone see that I was bothered by the attention Christian was receiving.