Chapter 18

Mitchel

     "Where are you?" I ask Jordan on the phone. "I'm by the baggage claim,"

I look around the busy airport. "Does this airport not have directions or something? I could get lost in here forever," I say, annoyed. 

LAX was an enormous airport. Maybe this is where all the missing people who were never found ended up.

Jordan sighs. "Follow someone that looks like they would have luggage."

I say nothing and continue to walk forward. "I see a sign!" I exclaim. "I'll find you," I add, hanging up the phone. I look around for my best friend. Once I spotted a girl in a crop top with sweatpants, I knew it would be Jordan.

"Mitty!" I hear. I whip around and see her running towards me with her arms wide open. I smile and prepare myself for her body ramming into mine. "I missed you!" Jordan mumbles as she hugs me tightly. 

"I saw you like four days ago?" I laugh as we pull away. "That was so long ago." She whines. I smile.

"Have you...seen Christian?" I ask as we walk together to find my luggage. "No, I didn't go with Xavier when he went to check on him today. I was at the doctor." I frown. "Everything okay?"

Jordan shrugs. "I'm fine. Just had to get a regular check-up." I nod in response. "Xavier said he was doing okay, though". Jordan adds, getting back to the topic of Christian.

"I don't even know what happened," 

"Maybe he's just having a hard time." Jordan shrugs, not saying anything further. "He's never been so upset before," I say more to myself than Jordan.

"I don't know. He's been acting weird lately." I nod in agreement.

*****

     I put my luggage down in the living room in defeat. 

I rest my hands on my hips as I look around. The vibe in the house felt different. It didn't feel welcoming.

I take a deep breath and look at the stairs that lead to Christian's room.

After contemplating what I want to do, I finally walk up the stairs. Christian's door was closed. I thought about knocking but didn't think that was a good idea as Christian might be sleeping.

 I walk in and quietly close his door behind me. I was right. He was sleeping.

I kneel on the floor, resting my hands on my lap as I admire how peaceful he looked while he slept. A small smile creeps onto my face.

"Who is staring at me?" He mumbles. "It's me," I say. Christian's eyes dart open. I smile widely and stand up. "Why are you here?" He asks, looking confused but happy to see me. 

I furrow my brows. "You don't remember?"

"No," He admits. "You called me last night. You were wasted." I tell him. Christian remains silent.

I sit on the edge of Christian's bed. "You don't remember anything?" 

Christian shakes his head in response, sitting up. "You told me you didn't deserve me and were sorry."