Chapter 11

Tammy

I walked into the house nearly dragging my feet. I was so tired, and I smelled even worse. I really need a shower and I hope it wakes me up a little or I'll never make it through a movie.

"Good gravy, youngin', what have you been doing?" Mama asked as she exited the kitchen.

"We played soccer, but they kept calling it football, so I started tackling them to keep them from scoring. I think I spent more time on the ground than I did upright. We had a fun time though and I made Niall give me a piggyback ride to the SUV. Then they took me to McDonald's, even though Harry wanted Applebee's 'causes I told them I didn't want to have to shower before I could eat. I don't think Applebee's would have liked us much 'cause believe me they look and smell worse than me," I explained with a laugh, remembering how bad the six of us looked.

"I'm glad they went home then if they are worse than you because youngin' you reek! Go shower please," Mama said as she dramatically held her nose.

With a laugh, I ran up the stairs to do exactly that. After I'd showered and dressed, I ran down the stairs, my guitar in my hand. "Mama, I'm going to wait for Zayn on the porch. We're going to watch movies with the guys, so I may be home late."

"Okay, sweetie, have fun."

Sitting down on the porch swing, I placed my guitar in my lap. Then I just started strumming with no real rhyme or reason as I stared off into space thinking about how much fun I had today with my fiancé.

Wow, it still sounds strange to call Zayn that and yet exciting too. Who would have thought out of all the girls Zayn has met he would pick me to fall in love with.

I don't feel like I am the prettiest girl in the world. Oh I know I'm not ugly, but still, I wonder what it was about me that caught his eye? Whatever it was I'm so glad it did and that he is as crazy about me as I am about him.

With a shrug I once more began to hum and strum 'Mama He's Crazy' by the Judds. My humming turned to singing by the second verse. Just as I strummed the last cord, I heard, "I don't think I'm crazy."

I looked up to see my handsome fiancé standing at the bottom of the stairs with a smile on his face.

"In fact," Zayn continued, "I think I'm very smart for finding such a lovely girl to spend the rest of my life with."

"You don't say? You do realize, the song says you're crazy over me not that you are crazy." As I stood up and lay my guitar down and made my way down the steps to him, I asked, "So, are you crazy over me?"

"That I am, my love, that I am," Zayn agreed as he took me into his arms and kissed me.

"I'm crazy about you too, my handsome husband-to-be. I am so very lucky to have you." Then I cupped his cheeks and pulled him down for another of his sweet kisses before we got in his SUV and headed for the hotel and a night of movies.

Zayn

When we arrived at the hotel I went around the vehicle and opened the door for Tammy, then I took her hand to lead her inside. I was so glad the fans hadn't figured out where we were yet, and hopefully, by the time they did, we would be back in England. I suppose that is something else I need to talk to Tammy about, the fans, the hate she might get, and the paparazzi. It was going to be something she would have to learn to live with and I know it will be hard on her because she lives such a quiet life here.

As we walked into the room Tammy yelled, "I'm here! Did ya'll miss me?"

"Oh no, she's back, the girl that gave us all bruises," Harry said as he hid his face behind a pillow.