Chapter 13

Zayn

I was so glad Tammy's mum had interrupted us, even if it was embarrassing because too much more of our steamy kisses and I would have had trouble walking. Man, that woman turns me on.

I turned to glance at Tammy before looking back to the road and said, "You will have to tell me how to get to the courthouse. I don't remember ever seeing it."

"Okay. Two blocks down from the Dairy Queen, biggest building on the left," Tammy said.

After we had gotten the license taken care of, we headed to her friend Charlotte's. I think Tammy mentioned how her friend Toby would be there too. So maybe I could talk to him while Tammy and Charlotte did their 'girl thing' whatever that even means. Those were her words, not mine. We pulled up at Charlotte's, and before I could get out and open her door Tammy had jumped out and made a beeline for the door. Before she even got there the door was thrown open, and I heard a girl squeal.

"Girlfriend, where have you been hiding? I haven't talked to you, in forever.  Ooh, and I see you brought your man candy with you," Charlotte gushed.

"Hey, what am I chopped liver?" a male voice asked from behind Charlotte.

"No, sugar," Charlotte stated as she looked behind her.

Toby stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her.

"You are my..." Charlotte began as she leaned back and whispered in his ear.

Whatever she said caused him to turn fire engine red. He cleared his throat and as he turned to leave, he said, "Okay then, let's all go in and sit down."

"What did you say to that poor boy, Charlotte? I don't ever think I've seen him that red," Tammy inquired as we began to follow Toby.

"Oh, you know, the usual. That he's my lollypop and I need to—mmph!"

Whatever Charlotte had been going to say was snuffed out by Tammy's hand covering her mouth. Of course, it was her left hand and I wondered if perhaps it was on purpose.

Charlotte's eyes grew round, and she pulled Tammy's hand from her mouth. Gazing down at the ring on Tammy's left hand, she whispered, "Is this what I think it is?"

"Yeah, that's what we were coming over to tell you," Tammy agreed.

"Girl, I am so excited and happy for you," Charlotte said, pulling Tammy into a hug. Then looking back at me, she let Tammy go and hugged me also.

The three of us then joined Toby. He and I sat on one side of the room talking about guy things and left the girls to talk privately.

Charlotte

I am so happy, happy, happy, for my best bud. I can't believe she is getting married in four days, and then moving to England. I will be sad to see her go, but she is following her heart and that is all that matters.

"So, where will you get married at? What will you wear? You're going to let me be your maid-of-honor, aren't you?" I asked in a rush.

"Of course, you will be my maid-of-honor silly, you're my best friend!"

"So, details," I demanded with a wave of my hand.

"Well, I want to get married in my Mama's wedding dress, if it will fit. Even though a judge is going to marry us, I would love to get married in my backyard, instead of in the courthouse. Maybe you and Toby could play and sing for the dancing. Do you think that will be too much work to do in three days?" Tammy asked.

I pondered what she had said, and decided that if that was what she wanted, that is what we would do. Just because it must be rushed doesn't mean she can't have a beautiful wedding. So, I nodded my agreement as I said, "Girl if you want to get married in your back yard; then that is where it will all happen. Let me get a pen and paper so we can begin planning. Then we go talk to your Mama and Grandma Lynn."