Chapter 18

Zayn

Before I knew it the first week was gone. We had interview, after interview to talk about our upcoming concerts, plus photo shoots and a little studio work.

Tammy still hasn't told me if she is going to go or not, and it's killing me not to push her for an answer. She has been really quiet and calls her mum almost every day. I worry that maybe she wants to go home, and my insecurities are getting the best of me. I heard her on the phone, and she kept saying she just doesn't know what to do. I have tried talking to her, but she says she's fine and if she goes by what her professors say, she's all good since her summer classes are almost over anyway.

It's that if that bothers me. I just can't take it anymore, so I grab my phone. "Hey, Niall, I think I need your help again."

"I'll be there in ten," Niall said before hanging up.

I blow out a long breath that stirs my bangs. I hope Tammy will at least talk to him.

When Niall arrived, I pointed to the bedroom where Tammy was folding the clothes she had washed that morning and headed to the living room.

Niall

Here I was again. This being a big brother to Tammy is getting hard. But if I could help then it would be worth it. So, I headed for the bedroom and tapped on the door frame letting Tammy know I was there.

Tammy turned her head, gazing at me over her shoulder with a smile, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"What'cha doin', lass?"

Tammy rolled her eyes before turning back to her task. "What does it look like? If you came for lunch you're out of luck 'cause I haven't fixed any.

"I think we both know I'm not here for lunch lass." Then I grabbed her hand and pulled her down to sit with me on the bed. "What is going on, angel. Why are you so sad? Can you tell me?" I asked, peering into her sad blue eyes that look so much like my own.

"Oh Niall, I'm just scared," she whispered.

"Why?"

"I have tried so hard to avoid the fans. Maybe that's cowardly of me, but that's what I do. If we go out and eat and some head for our table, I tell Zayn I'm going to the restroom. Then I wait for them to leave. If we're in the store, I conveniently see something I want to go look at on the other side of the building until they leave. If we are almost to the car, I tell Zayn I'll wait for him there, and go before he can protest."

"Oh, lass," Niall whispered.

"I avoid them like the plague. I won't be able to do that on tour unless I stay on the bus for two months," she says with a soft huff. "I can't do that to you guys and Zayn."

Tammy started to cry. "How do I tell Zayn I'm scared of the fans? I feel like I'm letting him down. I knew what his life was like when I married him, yet I try to avoid most of it. I feel like an idiot for feeling this way.

"Oh, angel." I put my arms around her, and she sobbed into my chest. "You need to tell Zayn, he loves you, you are his world. He wants you to go so bad because just the thought of leaving you kills him." I raised her head up with my hand so I could look her in the eye. "What is more important to you, Zayn's feelings, or what the fans think?"

"Zayn's feelings, always."

"Then tell him your fears. Let him be there for you. He will always defend you against anything they might say. Besides not all of them are like that girl. There have been some really nice tweets about you. How lovely and sweet you are. How you and Zayn look so happy and in love. Some of them even wish they saw more of you because they want their picture taken with Zayn and you. Give them a chance, angel, they aren't all bad."