Chapter 20

***THREE DAYS LATER***

Tammy

I was becoming annoyed because after three days I still haven't been able to catch Harry long enough to talk to him. Honestly, at this point, I felt like he was avoiding me, but when I told Zayn this he just said not to worry. Harry was Harry, and eventually, I would get my chance to talk to him.

So, I was trying to chill, but it wasn't working. So, I grabbed my guitar and tried to soothe myself, while everyone slept.

Ever since Sunday, when I was unable to reach Daddy, I had been feeling a little blue, and more than a little homesick. For the first time really. When I had talked to Zayn about it, he had told me he had been surprised it hadn't hit before now. But being on the road always made him miss his family more, so maybe this was normal.

Whatever it was, I really didn't like the feeling, but Zayn had been really sweet about it and made sure we had been able to sneak off for a little while on our own. But here I was once again, up before anyone else, and that homesick feeling was back. So, what better song to sing than one by Alabama.

(Southern Star, Alabama)

vs 2) Oh, hey my DJ friend, would you play me one more song

and let my mind just go and drift away

now we all have a dream and a place where we belong,

somewhere we can go and escape.

cho.) My heart is homeward bound,

I'm rollin' with a feelin' and I can't slow down,

I need a guiding light shining down to lead me through the night.

Oh, southern star, how I wish you would shine,

and show me the way to get home.

When I finished, I propped my chin on my guitar and sighed. Movement in the corner of my eye had me glancing up. Harry was standing there looking sleepy-eyed, and ready to run.

Harry

When I woke up and heard the guitar, I knew it was Tammy, so I crawled out of bed to go see what she was singing because with her you never knew. Being as quiet as I could, I walked to the front part of the bus and listened quietly while she sang. She sounded so sad, and homesick. When she finished I turned to leave but must have made a sound because she turned to look at me.

Tammy smiled sadly. "Morning, Harry. "

"Good morning. Are you feeling homesick today?" I decided I'd just go ahead and ask.

"Yeah, guess the song gave it away, huh? I talked to Zayn, and he said he was surprised it hadn't hit before now. So, reckon this is just my way of dealing," Tammy answered with a shrug.

Not really knowing what else to say I turned to go back to bed.

"Har... Harry, could I maybe talk to you for a minute?" Tammy asked quietly from behind me.

I turned around to look at her. Her head was bent down, and she was fiddling with her guitar. After a moment I sat down next to her.

"Talk about what?" I asked her wondering what she could possibly have to say to just me, and not everyone.