Chapter 24

Zayn

There had been a lot of laughter in our home the last couple of days.

Tammy was basking in her parent's love, and Mikey was a comedian.

Now it was Christmas Eve, and my parents and sisters would be here by lunch. Tammy was just as excited to see them again, as she had been to see her own parents.

I heard her talking to her mum about what a sweetheart my mum was and how she really liked her and my sisters. It made me feel good that she was so excepting of them. She also told her mum how my dad seemed like a great guy, but since he didn't talk much it was harder to get to know him.

Dad didn't frown at her the whole time, though, so that was a good sign, right? Her mum told her, yes, that was a very good sign. Then Tammy laughed and said she was just being silly, of course, he liked her, after all, she was a very likable person.

I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

Tammy and her mum had been in the kitchen all morning cooking, and it all smelled so good. Mikey and I kept trying to sneak in and get some, but so far we have not succeeded.

Around eleven the doorbell rang. It was my family. Mum and my sisters joined Tammy in the kitchen. Dad joined Rowen (Tammy's dad) and me, in watching a game on TV.

It wasn't long before I heard Tammy introducing Safaa to Mikey. He asked if Saffaa liked video games. Saffaa said, "yes."

So, I'm guessing that's what they did.

Not long after that, Tammy called us to eat, and we all sat talking and eating around the table. My mum and Tammy's mum seemed to really hit it off. Although I don't think our dads had much in common. Then again maybe like me, they were too busy enjoying all the good food.

After we ate, we all sat down in the living room to exchange gifts. I think the funniest gift was the gag gift Tammy had gotten Mikey. The look on his face was priceless.

"Here Mikey, this is your last present. It's from me," Tammy said as she held the box out.

"Okay," Mikey said, opening it up, and pulling out the bright red tee shirt. Then he read the front out loud. "I'm the little brother of the kissing couple, Zayn and Tammy Malik!" Mikey snorted and narrowed his eyes at his sister. "You have got to be kidding me, really Tammy, really!"

Tammy was laughing at his reaction, but managed to sputter out, "That's payback for the shirt you bought me Mikey, and for telling the world of Twitter you are our 'love child'! "

"What kind of shirt did Mikey get for you, Tammy?" Safaa softly asked.

"Oh it is so cute," Tammy said. She then proceeded to tell Safaa what it looked like. All the adults laughed, while Safaa just looked puzzled. "It's okay, hun, my brother just has a weird sense of humor," Tammy said as she gave Safaa a hug.

All too soon, it was time for my family to leave, so they would be home, before too late.

Tammy hugged everyone and told them not to be strangers, and that they are always welcome.

#

Christmas Day came and went just as fast, and then it was time for Tammy's family to leave so we headed out for the airport.

Tammy was so sad to see them go, but they had talked about Mikey coming to spend some time with us over the summer. So, even though summer was months away, Tammy was excited.

"You be good now, sweetie, and keep that man of yours happy," Tammy's mum said.

"Oh, I will, don't you worry," Tammy agreed, giving her mum a hug.