Chapter 23

Zayn

Thanksgiving was lovely.

Tammy and I went and spent it with my family, and Tammy fit right in. She and my sisters got along very well and enjoyed teasing me about everything.

Mum told her all about my childhood, which I could have done without, but most of what she told about me wasn't embarrassing, so it was all good. Dad even pulled me to the side and told me I had done well in choosing a bride.

It was a good visit that ended too soon since I don't get to see them much, but we told them they could come to visit anytime, now that we had room for them to stay in our new house.

I heard Mum giving Tammy tips on decorating since Tammy told her she didn't even know where to start. Guess that explains why all she has done is pick up towels, and stuff for the bathrooms so far.

Now we were on our way home, and Tammy was leaning against me looking half asleep. "I had a wonderful time at your parent's house, Zayn. Your whole family is wonderful. I wanted to take Safaa home with us, she's so cute!"

"Yes, she is. I have to say she is probably my favorite of the three," I said.

"She is a sweetheart that's for sure. So, I was thinking about some of the ideas your mama gave me, and I think I'm ready to start looking at furniture for the living room.

"You want me to go with you?"

"Of course, I do, silly," she stated as she gently smacked her hand against my chest. "It's your house too. I don't want to pick out something you really hate and expect you to have to look at it every day."

I chuckled, "Okay, okay, calm down. We can go tomorrow, and I know a couple of good stores we can go to. They deliver, and they'll set it up for us."

#

The next day we started early. We looked at one living room suite after another, until I saw a leather couch and loveseat in a milk chocolate brown.

"Tammy, " I called to get her attention and pointed. "How about that one?"

It had simple, clean lines, yet looked so comfortable. We walked closer and Tammy sat down.

"This is it; I love it! Let's get this coffee table and end table set they have paired with it. I like them too," Tammy said. "I also saw an area rug that I think would go perfect with this suite since we have a hardwood floor in that room. What do you think?"

"Sounds good. Let's find someone and tell them what we want."

Then we went hunting for a salesperson.

On the way, Tammy found a bookcase that she thought would look nice in the room to put a few personal items on, and maybe some books. When she stopped to examine it closer, I asked, "Is this all you plan to get today, love, or do you want to look for anything else?"

"Hm, well, I had thought maybe get a bigger dining room table," Tammy mused as she glanced around. "Ours is almost too small when the guys come over. Also, perhaps a dish hutch to put my China in that Mama sent me?"

"Your right, and if any of the lads bring girlfriends there definitely won't be room, plus our current table looks really small in that huge dining room," I agreed. "Come on, I saw tables over this way." I pointed as I took her hand and began leading her.

We quickly found a table that seats twelve and a matching hutch. We added this to what we wanted and paid. It would all be delivered the next day.

"Well, that will get you started on your decorating, yeah?'