A Gift

This room was the most normal that I had seen in the castle yet, and it still was extravagant. Soft whites and faint yellows danced around the expansive walls. Light wooden floors that seemed to be just regular wood had plush and dazzling rugs strategically placed upon it.

Two loveseats, larger than a regular loveseat but not quite as large as a sofa, faced each other in the center of the room. Gold trim with white and rose patterned cushions matched the golden trimmed glass coffee table between them. A massive vase filled with the most unique flowers of pastel purples, pinks, yellows, and oranges sat upon the coffee table and added some color variety to the room. A rug of similar pattern stretched beneath the seats.

A massive wardrobe was open to my left, the finest of fabrics and jewelry twinkled and swayed inside against the faintest of breezes. To the right of the closet was a door, halfway closed that peeked at the most elegant bathroom I had ever seen. For a prisoner, they were treating me with so much kindness and I was beginning to have a slight wavering in my conviction of hatred towards my captors. Very fleeting, very slight.

My feet stepped gently into the room after the little blue fairy and the breeze that sifted through the room from my right drew my gaze to the most massive canopy bed. Golden beams with the most delicate carvings curved inward like a half moon on either side and held the white sheer canopy above the bed. It looked like the most beautiful gentle waterfall of cloth decked in golden flecks of sun and brightness. The mattress was covered in a white comforter that held the same flower patterns of gold.

"Wow." I breathed out and the small fairy smiled. "Why are you serving me? I am just a prisoner here." I asked her as her black eyes studied me.

"It is my job, child."

I watched her shuffle towards the wardrobe and disappear within. "Did you choose this job?" My feet pulled me towards the bed and I ran a hand across the softest bedspread I had ever touched.

"I did. It pays well plus I have protection for myself and family." She responded and I turned to see her carrying out a pale lavender dress before she draped it over the golden folding screen just to the right of the bathroom door. "King Orym is not as cruel as you fear and he is smarter than you realize." Her voice was hollow, mousy, but lively.

I wasn't sure what to make of what she said. Maybe she knew my secret, knew that I wasn't here for anything but to steal the sword from her master, but she didn't let on other than the hint from her last statement.

"What is your name?" I asked after walking over towards the garment. I ran my hand over the delicate and whimsy fabric of the dress and it danced under my gentle touch.

"Ethimelle. Anytime you need me, just say my name and I will be here." She answered and then gestured towards the half cracked bathroom door. "The bath has been drawn for you and the water is hot." And then she left the room.

The bath. She had drawn a bath but I hadn't heard any water running. Hesitantly, I pushed open the bathroom door and gasped. The vanity to my left practically floated against the mirror that ran the full body length of the wall. It was made of crystal clear glass which didn't cause any distortion in my reflection. The faucet it seemed was on the edge of the sink bowl, like a small glass pipe that stretched past it to still allow room to place your hands under. A toilet sat just past the massive vanity. The wall to my right glittered with that soft rainbow like colors, made of Drokkeux and fluffy white towels hung on the rod.

What was past the vanity to my left and wall to my right would take some getting used to. You could see into the outside jungle, and the bathtub was built like an infinity pool, water running off into the pretend outdoors as a waterfall even though it really was only a mirage.