Chapter 6: Expanded Horizons

Sally: Whew! That was a long flight to the next area.

Trunks: Maybe we need some kind of big vehicle to get us between each area better.

Goku: Yeah, and that flying made me really hungry.

Goten: Me too, now that you mention it.

Goku: *Sniff sniff* I smell food!

Trunks: All the way out here?!

Goten: Look! There's a house on that planet!

Goku: Let's go!

*Goku and Goten blast off.*

Trunks: Hey wait for us! Come on Sally! *He follows them.*

Sally: *Sighs* Oh well. Guess it can't be helped. *She flies off.*

???: I've been waiting for you! I am, um... King, er... Kai. Umking Erkai! I mean King Kai!

Goten: Haha, you're funny! *His stomach growls.* Hehe whoops.

King Kai: Seems you're hungry! Well then let's eat!

*They finish eating.*

Goku: Aww man that was great! I'm super stuffed.

King Kai: Hmm, I see there's only 4 of you so far. Well then, do you know the secret about energy and allies?

Sally: Huh? What do you mean?

King Kai: Hmm curious, I see. Well I can tell you... if you can make me laugh! Good luck, they call me the prince of puns!

Sally: *Death stares him for a few seconds.* Why'd the chicken cross the road?!

King Kai: It crossed the road... 'cause it was too far... to fly...! Pfft. *He bursts into laughter.*

Trunks: You did it!

King Kai: Alriggt, I'll tell you. So you know the energy you feel after a battle, right? Well there are FIVE different types of it!

Trunks: Oh so that's why it feels different sometimes!

Goten: Oh yeah! When we beat Raditz and Nappa, it felt red!

King Kai: Oh so you've already noticed. The type of energy you get after a battle completely depends on who you fight. Pay attention to your opponents before battle. Their auras will be the same color as their energy. But, you should also know there's a limit to how much energy you can absorb. But right now, you four can't collect enough to break the next barrier.

Trunks: Huh?! So what do we do then?

King Kai: That's when you gather more allies! You know of the Spirit Bomb, right?

Sally: Yep.

King Kai: Great. It's very similar to that. If all of you gather energy like you're trying form a Spirit Bomb, then you should have enough.

Trunks: So that's why we need more teammates!

Goku: *To Sally* Did you follow any of that, Sally?

Sally: Yep! I got it.

Goku: Well as long you do, we're fine!

Sally: Hehe, thanks!

Goten: So basically, the more friends we have, the better!

Sally: Yep, that's right!

Trunks: But hey, tournament rules says only teams of five.