Chapter 17

Céleste Alariè couldn't remember the last time she was this worried, actually, she could. She remembered her brother and parents' death, but she also remembered how Willow Noire had been hunting her sister, how she killed so many people just to wipe out the rest of the Alariè family.

She thought she was done with all that shit, she remembered how her younger sister ripped out the witch's heart, it was her kill—even though the three siblings lost their parents and brother, Sage had lost her soul—her twin and for that Willow was her kill.

The blonde vampire remembered how they burnt the witch's grimoire along with her body so she had no idea how it was remotely possible for the witch to even have a foothold in the land of the living. But that was the thing with Witches, even dead they were still a right pain in the ass.

Céleste had left her sister and her buddies to their own demise, they were busy with the darach and the missing sheriff so she wanted to see if she could find the anchor herself. An anchor could be the only thing to tether the witch to the living, but that also meant that someone here- in the living had to tether the anchor for her-- but it made sense that it was Jennifer.

Céleste had stopped her movements when she came across an old distillery, it didn't look like much but something was telling her otherwise. The older vampire didn't know the werewolf's history with the distillery, she wasn't aware of how many packs met here years ago but maybe that's why it was so important right now.

Céleste had taken cautious steps towards the open door before her feet had imminently came to halt, it wasn't just because of the barrier spell that was put around the place but it was because of the pentagram that her eyes had gazed upon.

The vampire was familiar with the design, having seen one before but what really scared her was that she's seen this exact design before. Back in the 1900's when her family was almost sacrificed, meaning that Willow Noire was actually back.

It didn't make sense, but then again it wasn't the first time that someone had risen from the dead in her life, but what she didn't fully understand was why the witch and the darach were helping one another.

The older vampire knew that the witch was probably watching her, she couldn't see her which probably meant that the witch didn't have a big enough foothold on the living. Céleste carefully watched as the candles had lit, her eyes widening when she saw the pages in the grimoire begin to turn, she knew the dead witch wasn't done and she had to warn her sister before it was too late.

~*~*~*~

Stiles couldn't take his eyes off her, normally it would be a sweet sentiment but the vampire wasn't looking so good, her eyes kept flickering between her ocean blue to her amethyst purple and to top it off there were sliver veins running up the side of her neck. The human was worried about his girlfriend, he had no idea what Jennifer or this witch had done to her but it wasn't good.

He had three things on his mind right now; if his dad was okay, if Sage was going to make it and of the vampire's past. Stiles wasn't stupid, he knew the blonde had killed before but he didn't know the full extent of her past and to know how she was involved in similar sacrifices before was unsettling.

The vampire didn't get to tell them the whole gist of her past but they got the snippets, they were unaware of how she turned but to hear that she was born along with three of her other siblings was not what they expected, and to hear how she was the root of a sacrifice was also what they hadn't expected to hear.

"You don't need to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help." Stiles was brought back from his thoughts from the sound of Jennifer's voice, Derek was still very much holding on to her as the five of them huddled up in the elevator. Stiles had brought a bat with him, his girlfriend and best friend questioned him and his reply indicated that it was for his protection. The older woman looked over to the vampire who was very much glaring at her which only brought a dark smirk to the brunette's face which only pissed Sage off even more.