Chapter 43

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

Derek watched as the vampire's fingers glazed over the barrel of the gun, he didn't know how she had gotten in but he wasn't threatened by her at the least.

"What are you doing with a gun Hale?" The older werewolf shrugged his shoulders as he came into her eye line, Céleste watched the werewolf-- she knew something was different about him, he smelled... different.

"Do you know what she did to you?" Derek shook his head, his gaze outside his window as he tried to put the pieces together in his head. "My eyes, my strength, my healing... whatever she did—it's all gone."

The older vampire sighed, as much as things didn't make sense to the others-- it made sense to her. They needed to find a way to shut this Deadpool down before the unthinkable happened.

"What are you doing here?" The Hale asked her, the two were never close but Derek could have thought it had something to do with his cousin.

"Did Scott tell you about the list, about a Banshee being the benefactor?" Derek nodded, "Did he tell you about the names that broke the part of the list?"

The brunette furrowed his brows, "Names? As in plural?

"Yep." Céleste sighed, her back against the wall as her eyes met the Hale's. "First it was Allison, then Aiden-- all names of the dead right?" Again he nodded, "Then why the hell did Lydia use yours and Sage's name to break this last piece of the list?"

Derek blinked as his ears adjusted to what the vampire had just told him. His name broke a part of the list, his powers disappearing weren't a coincidence.

"Banshees predict death Derek, with you losing your werewolf abilities and Sage with her humanity off this cannot be good. Lydia just predicted the death of one of the strongest supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills, we need to find the benefactor and fast." Céleste couldn't help but be a little shaken up about this, Stiles had informed the blonde about everything last night.

He and Lydia couldn't keep it to themselves anymore, especially as it looked like Sage had her own plans regarding the benefactor.

Derek watched the vampire, confusion swimming in his eyes as he noticed how nervous she was. "At first I thought you had come here because of Malia, but it's something else. My name breaking the third of the list makes sense with me losing my powers but Sage is as strong as ever so why would Lydia even predict her name?"

Céleste didn't meet the werewolf's eyes, she couldn't, "You know why don't you?"

"Of course, I know why Derek, I didn't think it would come to this but Lydia just predicted her death so it's gonna happen sooner rather than later!" The blonde exclaimed as she tried to keep her tears at bay, the Hale was shocked as he watched her.