Rex and Ahsoka Fluff

Coming to you live at whatever time you are reading this. We have just received news that KateBishop2021 has updated two books at once for the first time ever. Back to the regularly scheduled fan fiction.

Another day, another mission that went horribly wrong. For starters, their gunship had crashed on a remote planet in the outer rim. All their devices were damaged in the crash meaning no help till they could repair a com. Which led to the next issue. 

While out to get firewood, Rex and Ahsoka had gotten separated from the group by a rockslide. The path they had taken was blocked by massive boulders and while Ahsoka could wield the force, she wouldn't be able to lift them all out of the way without tiring herself out. They would have to find another way back to the base. Ahsoka had only been The Chosen One's padawan for two standard weeks and already she messed up.

"Do you know where you're going, Commander?" Rex asked when they had been wandering for twenty minutes and still no progress. If anything, they seemed to be getting further away from the camp.

"Of course! It's uh... that way." She pointed in a random direction and walked forward. She stopped after noticing Rex wasn't following her. "Rex?"

"You know, if the General sent out a search party, which he most likely did, we should stay in one place to make it easier for them to find us. It's better than wandering the forest and besides, it's getting late. The woods at night are very dangerous." Ahsoka almost facepalmed. Why hadn't she thought of that? One of the first lessons Anakin had taught her was what to do if she ever got lost. 

"Right, I was just about to suggest that." Rex quirked an eyebrow but chose to stay quiet. He knew that she was new to the field, so it was excusable the small mistake she had made.

"We can sit in that small clearing up ahead." Rex suggested and gestured to the clearing in the direction that Ahsoka had been heading. She followed the captain without a word. How could she have forgotten the most important part of her training?

"Do you really think Master Skywalker has sent out a search party for us?" Ahsoka asked, using her backpack as a seat while Rex just sat on the soft grass.

"You are the General's padawan after all. I'm sure he's out there looking for us right now." Rex reassured the girl. Her fingers fidgeted on her lap, a nervous habit she had.

"He didn't seem all that excited to have me as a padawan."

"He just needs to warm up to you. The General will find us, you'll see." Her face showed that she was still unsure, so Rex added, "Or he'll leave us to die out here. Alone. Never to be seen again."

He fell over onto the grass feigning death dramatically. She cracked a smile at his theatrics. "Really hate you right now."

"Hey, don't hate me. Hate him." He pointed behind Ahsoka and before she could turn around, she heard his laugh.

"Why should you hate me?"

"Master!" Ahsoka stood up and turned around quickly, almost falling over her feet in the process. Rex stood up, grabbing the backpack, and went to stand next to her.

"Told ya he'd come." Rex said and Ahsoka nudged his arm, smiling.

"Did I miss something?" Anakin asked. Ahsoka just giggled.

"I'll tell you when we get back to base. How did you find us anyways?"

"I just listened for the sound of two crazy kids messing around." He glanced over at his padawan to gauge her reaction. It was a mix of 'very funny' and 'seriously?'. "I followed your force signature, something I have yet to teach you."

Ahsoka nodded. She still had a lot to learn but luckily, she had a great Jedi knight teaching her. And a great captain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is shorter but the idea sprouted from a conversation me and my irl bestie had and I just had to write it. Setting a timer for 20 minutes and writing in the short time is actually quite effective if you want to write but can't. I'll hopefully have one more one shot this week or next but after that, this book might be a bit dry for a while. 

I hope you have a great morning/afternoon/night/day and I'll see you soon!!

<3 Katie