Sick Days and Warm Cuddles

What time was it? Anakin awoke to light streaming through his window. That's a first. Normally Ahsoka woke him up long before the sun came up. That's why he got rid of his crono. Today, she didn't come running in like usual. He was sure. So where was his padawan?

Anakin got up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair to try and control the curls that were flopping in his eyes. Stretching, he opened his door and stepped out, walking towards the kitchen. Ahsoka probably stayed up late studying. She's just getting sleep. For once. Every week it was go here and fight, go there and fight. Both of them were sleep deprived but Ahsoka always woke them up for breakfast and sparing. Dismissing the thoughts, he put a pot of water in the stove. Some caf was much needed.

He heard a soft snore from the next room. Turning, he went down the hallway to the living area. The snores getting slightly louder but staying below a normal talking voice. He turned the corner to see Ahsoka sleeping on the couch, snores coming from her slightly open open mouth. Papers were strewn all over the small coffee table in front of her, the pencil still in her hand almost falling off.

Anakin smiled at the sight of his little padawan finally getting some rest. Guess it caught up with her. Walking silently over, he grabbed the blanket draped over the back of the couch and laid it over her. He sat down next to the couch. She had shifted slightly from the blanket's weight, making the pencil fall to the ground. Anakin rubbed his thumb on her cheek and she settled. It wasn't until then that he realized how warm she felt. He noticed her cheeks were flushed.

Kriff. His padawan was sick. Mostly likely a fever considering her warm temperature. And it was his fault for not realizing that she wasn't getting sleep.

"Master?" Ahsoka had woken up. Her head was pounding and she felt cold. She shifted the blanket to curl up in it. "Hey, Snips." Anakin said, keeping his voice low, not wanting her head to hurt even more than it already did. He felt her headache on smaller scale through their bond.

"My throat is sore." she said, her voice scratchy. "I'll get you some water." Anakin got up from the floor and went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water and some headache meds for her to take. He returned to see Ahsoka sitting up with the blanket wrapped around her shoulders. She was looking over at the many pieces flimsy on the table.

"Water and some meds for your headache." he said, handing her glass and the two pills. She nodded, not wanting to try and talk while her throat felt so raw. He sat down next to her, trying to put a pillow behind her for extra support and comfort.

After she swallowed the pills and drank the whole glass, Ahsoka leaned against Anakin's shoulder. He put an arm around her and she snuggled closer. "Want to watch a movie?" Anakin asked. She nodded, pulling the blanket up from where it had slid. He put a movie on and lowered the volume. Ahsoka's montral's would be hyper sensitive so he didn't want the loud noises to keep her up. She needed to rest.

Ahsoka's eyelids were so heavy but she wanted to watch the movie. Slowly but surely, her eyes fell shut and her breaths evened out. Anakin felt her fall asleep and he turned the volume down so as not to wake her up. Anakin dozed off halfway through the movie, sleep getting to him after a week without sleep. They stayed on the couch, sleeping the day away.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Anakin woke to a knock on the door to his shared quarters. Looking down at Ahsoka, he saw that she was still asleep. He stood up, being mindful of her montrals, and he laid her down gently on a pillow.

He walked quietly over to the door and it opened with a hiss. Obi-Wan was standing there and he wasn't happy. "Look, I know you've had a long couple of weeks but that does not excuse you from-" He was cut off by Anakin shushing him and putting a hand over his mouth.

"Shh! Ahsoka's sick and we fell asleep." he whispered. The older jedi's eyes widened. Ahsoka was sick? Was it a cold? A fever? A deadly virus? No, no. If it was that, Anakin would be frantic and in the Jedi Healers. Was she okay? Obi-Wan gently took Anakin's hand off his mouth. Seeing his old master's look of fear he was quick to reassure him.

"Ahsoka is fine. It's a small fever and her temperature has lowered since this morning. Probably brought on by the fact that she wasn't sleeping good these last few missions. I just wish I could've prevented this." Whispering, Anakin lead Obi-Wan into his quarters and into the living area. Ahsoka was still sleeping peacefully.

"Has she had anything to eat yet?" Obi-Wan asked. Anakin's eyes widened as he realized she didn't eat anything. Looking at the crono, he was relieved that it wasn't too late in the afternoon. Him and Obi-Wan went to the kitchen and decided on making the poor girl some soup. It was the best thing for when someone is sick.

They worked in comfortable silence, helping each other when they forgot to grab an ingredient or they left a spoon laying around. It was so quiet you wouldn't know they were making anything.

Until a pot dropped.

Ahsoka woke up with a yelp, throwing the blanket off and running to the kitchen. She was greeted with the lovely smell of tip-yip noodle soup and her masters whisper arguing over who dropped it. Once they spotted her in the door way, they both rushed over, asking questions a mile a minute.

"I can hardly hear the questions with you two talking over one another." she said, laughing lightly to not set off her throat into a coughing fit. Both masters fell quiet. Obi-Wan went back to the soup to make sure it didn't burn while Anakin sat Ahsoka at the table. He sat next to her and started asking questions.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, putting his flesh hand to her forehead to feel for fever. He was relieved to feel her head was cool and her cheeks weren't as flushed as before. "Still a little tired but better. My headache went away." she answered. Anakin sighed in relief.

"You had me worried, Snips. I thought you had a serious fever. Not that every fever isn't serious, it's just-" Luckily, Obi-Wan came with two bowls of soup, cutting off his former apprentice, not giving him a chance to finish. Ahsoka was eating it hungrily and finished before either of her masters. Neither of them were surprised.

"I'm going to take nap. See if i can't get rid of my tired feeling." Ahsoka said, excusing herself from the table. She went to her room and fell asleep instantly. Obi-Wan left only after making Anakin promise to call him if she got worse. It was quiet with his former master gone and his padawan sleeping. He settled on taking a nap too. Sleep was tugging on his brain and it was better to sleep and be fine then to not sleep and be sick later.

With that, both master and apprentice slept till late that night, both waking up refreshed and wanting a midnight kitchen raid. They tried not to stay up that long with out sleeping on missions. Key word: tried. It didn't work out sometimes. Luckily, they always had each other for cuddles and tv when the other was feeling sick. 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

rewrite of one of my older fics that i wrote when i was 12. i was and still am obsessed with sick fics especially with Ahsoka. something about it makes it so much more relatable and like they should've done something like this in the series.

dave, you missed an opportunity. maybe a new forces of destiny season?????

who else is excited for bad batch on friday???? cause i'm so not ready to have my heart ripped out.

hope you have a good morning/afternoon/night/day and i'll see you soon!!!

<3 Katie