♡ Life Day Morning ♡

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. 

Jack Frost nipping at your nose. 

Yuletide carols beng sung by a choir and folks dressed up like eskimos. 

Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe help to make the season bright. 

Tiny tots, with their eyes all a glow, will find it hard to sleep tonight.

★★★★★★★★★

The Skywalker household was quiet. The twins, Luke and Leia, had fallen asleep hours ago while the adults had chosen to stay up. When the clock neared 0200, it was Padmé who suggested that they get some sleep before the kids decided it was morning and presents were to be opened. Obi-Wan who arrived early to help set things up, had claimed the couch. His reasoning being that someone should be sure the kids don't get up in the middle of the night and since he was a light sleeper, he could do it.

Ahsoka claimed that with her montrals, she would more easily hear the twins, therefore she'd take the couch and Obi-Wan could take the guest mattress. She'd also mentioned some off hand comment about how the Jedi Master was geting old and needed a nice bed, lest he throw his back out more. 

In the end, they drew candy canes, shortest one gets the couch. Ahsoka drew the smallest, granting her the couch. Obi-Wan took the guest room after Rex assured him multiple times over that he's rather sleep on the blow up bed. Who could blame him? The blow up mattress feels like you're floating.

Padmé brought out the extra blankets and pillows for them, arranging the items neatly while both changed into comfortable, themed holiday pajamas. Ahsoka settled onto the couch, cozy under the fluffy blanket, and fell asleep within minutes. Rex stayed up longer with Anakin and Obi-Wan, drinking one last cup of hot cocoa before bed. 

Everyone was asleep by 0300. The house was quiet, filled only in certain areas by those who snored softly. Snow fell softly outside, coating the world in a white blanket, much colder than the ones covering the people inside. The tree, which had been decorated weeks ago, was glittering in the soft lights of the city. The calm before the storm. Only, this storm would be of excitement rather than destruction. 

The first to awake was Padmé, who had set her alarm for very early. She got up, shivering at the icy air that greeted her once she shifted her blanket. Quietly, she got out the presents she'd picked out fot her family as well as the ones the others had brought. They were inside a red satin bag, ready to be taken to the living room where their tree stood tall. 

Carrying the bag over to the tree, Padmé placed it under, choosing to leave the presents for the twins inside to add to the illusion it was a certain man in a red suit who had delivered such gits. 

Surprisingly, Ahsoka only stirred slightly to identity who was making noise. Once her brain had taken note that it was Padmé, she fell back to sleep. Rex, who'd gone to sleep about 2 hours prior, kept sleeping. Padmé adjusted the blanket around Ahsoka's shoulders, tucking it in so the girl would stay warm, before quietly checking on her kids. Leia was laying on her side, arm tucked loosely around her stuffed doll. Luke was sprawled out on his stomach, snoring so lightly that if you didn't know he snored, you would never know. The complete opposite of his father, who snored very prominently. 

Padmé closed the door to the twins room and after one last glance at the tree, she went back to bed. 

The twins by no means were early risers. They woke up at 0900, 0800 if they had gone to sleep early or some loud noise woke them. Life Day, however, was an entirely different story. On Life Day, they would wake up at 0600 to then wake up everyone else. Their record was 0500 but seeing as that hour had just passed, it was estimated they would be up at 0600.