Chapter 8: Strength

Your P.O.V.

It's been a week since I began working with Oliver. I haven't actually been helping, but that's fine I guess. I just finished working with Oliver and Diggie as an unexpected fighter. They recently got some dummies for me to work on. I felt stupid punching the dummie, I wanted to fight actual bad guys.

"Oliver, how much more of this? I'm ready." I said as I lightly punched the stupid dummie.

"No, you're not. Wait until you are angry again, another building is gonna practically collapse." He replied, watching my moves.

I automatically stopped training to look at him annoyed, "How many times do I have to apologize until you forgive me?"

Oliver lightly chuckled, "I'm kidding, but I don't want you having another episode on the job."

Felicity walked into the room just as annoyed as me. "I hate men." She spoke walking towards all the computers.

I looked at Oliver and replied to her statement, "Me too."

Oliver ignored me and walked towards Felicity, "Are you okay, Felicity?"

"Barry is getting on my last nerve!" She groaned and laid her head on the desk. Oliver quickly turned his head to me. "Felicity-"

"And you know what's worse?! He doesn't see it!"

"Felicity.. I-"

"He broke up with Iris! I went over there to try and support him, but all he said was, 'I need to get her back'!" Felicity groaned louder.

"Get who back?" Oliver asked, innocently looking towards me.

"Y/N! Ohhh! But there's more!" Felicity cracked her fingers with anger.

"Crap, that hurts." She yelped as she held her hands together.

"I asked him why he couldn't just search for her, but noooooo! He said, 'what if she wants nothing to do with me?'" Felicity faced Oliver who was looking at me. Once she realized I was in the same room she shut her mouth in fear of what more she would say.

"Y/n, I didn't know you were there.."

I smiled the best smile I could, "No worries, I understand.. Anyways, I have to go back to training." I turned around and focused my anger towards the dummy. I used all the force I could to not have an episode and it worked. I was training for about 4 more hours before my body gave out on me.

"Y/n?" Oliver tried getting my attention.

"Yeah?" I replied tiredly.

"Sit up. I want to show you something."

I sat up and used both my hands to support my upper body as I leaned back.

Oliver sat in front of me and crossed his legs. "Come on, Y/n/n."

I followed his way and sat facing him. He gave me a cup and poured what I think was tea.

"Close your eyes and drink it. Keep your eyes closed throughout this whole thing. I just want you to focus on your breathing. Take deep breaths, in through your nose, out through your mouth."

I followed all his instructions. I began to feel my body lift from the floor. My mind was going back to the old times.

"Hey, I'm Barry. Are you Y/n?" Barry spoke out, sticking out his hand to shake mine. I smiled at his kind gesture and nodded my head. "Nice to meet you." I said, leaving my hand connected to his for a second too long. He smiled brightly and said, "It's nice having someone I can talk to. I have a friend named Iris, but she doesn't relate to me that well." He looked at me, expecting for me to say something back. "I'm sorry, I don't speak good English." I sadly said as I walked away from young Barry. He had the saddest eyes. I couldn't help but feel bad for telling him the truth. The next few days, he sat next to me, asking me how to say different words in my language. "How do you say 'outrageously disgusting'?" He excitedly asked as he played with the horrible lunch food. "I don't know." I giggled. After a few weeks of coming to school, Barry had learned my language fairly well. I was able to have comfortable conversations with him in my language and in English.
One day he walked over to me with a bruised eye. "Barry, what happened?" I whispered as I got close enough to see his eye. "Tony Woodward..." He replied, holding his eyes with a bag of ice. I was furious. Who does this guy think he is?! "Why would he do that?" I asked Barry. He sarcastically replied, "It's Tony, why wouldn't he do this?" We skipped our seventh and eighth period to take Barry to my house. My mom yelled as she finished cooking her homemade BBQ Ribs, "Y/n, you're home early. What happened-" My mom stopped talking once she looked at Barry's poor face. "Woow." She ran back to the kitchen and grabbed some iced vegetables for his eye. Barry replied gratefully to my mom, "Thank you, Mrs. E. I really appreciate it." We sat in my living room all day, until Joe came to pick Barry up. Barry hugged me and lightly spoke, "Thanks for being there for me. You're the best. I love you." Although I knew he only meant that as a friend, my heart skipped a beat and my cheeks rose. "You would've done the same for me." We both hugged before he left. Joe walked over to me and said, "Thank you, Y/n. You're a great person." I nodded my head and smiled, "Of course, Mr. West. He is my best friend. I would do anything for him." Once they both left our parking spaces, I turned to my mom with a big smile. "Mom... I think I love him." She laughed and replied, "I think you do too."