Chapter 3: 'Friends'

Your P.O.V.

I didn't know how much happened throughout the year until Caitlyn pointed it out. To me it feels like I just woke up from a two-minute nap, but to my friends and family, all time was still passing by and they had to cope with everything. They felt the pain of almost losing someone. I wouldn't be able to handle that.

I knew I needed to see my family.

I used Caitlyn's car to drive home. Throughout the whole 10 minute drive I was thinking about Barry. He's happy with Iris and Iris is happy with him. They are perfect for each other and no one can deny it.

But, it still hurts...

Once I finally got home, I changed to regular clothes. Just a normal black shirt with light blue jeans and black fuzzy socks. I laid on the couch and just relaxed in the silence.

Maybe you should visit them....

Not yet.

Go visit them, Y/n/n....

I had to go visit my family, but for some reason part of me didn't want to go. I knew I had to tell them myself.
I got off the couch and walked towards my room. I grabbed my shoes from the floor and went towards my dark black drawers. I looked for no-show socks and casually slid towards my bed. I took off my warm fuzzy socks and covered my cold feet with the new pair of socks and my black converse.
I took my black and white windbreaker and took the keys to Caitlyn's car. Walking towards the car I was thinking of what to say to them.

"'Sup fam, I'm awake."

No, that's stupid.

"Hey..."

No, that's even more stupid.

I started the car and sat, waiting for the car to heat up. Why was it so hard for me to visit my family? It was easier before the coma.

I drove to my mom's and Andrew's house. I parked closest to their home so I could quickly exit. I walked to their door and stood there. Frozen. Contemplating whether I should knock or ring the door bell, but I couldn't do either.

I could hear small laughter and giggling.

That's when my chest began to hurt. They're happy. It made me smile hearing their laughter, but it made me upset knowing that I've missed so many things that happened to my family. What if it feels awkward? What if we become strangers? I know they're my family, but I couldn't help but think that they didn't need me in their lives anymore.
As I raised my hand to knock on the door, my phone dinged. I checked to see it was from Caitlyn. I opened the message

Barry was affected by the particle accelerator and now has superspeed!

Superspeed?
Before I could walk away from the house someone opened the door.

"You're awake." My mom said as her smile faded and her eyes glistened.

"Hey..."

Stupid. I thought, mentally slapping myself.
She jumped towards me and squeezed me tightly. I could hear her sobbing quietly while laying her head on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and hugged her. It was just me and her, together. When I opened my eyes, I could see Andrew. Andrew walked up to me and gave me a big hug. "Good morning, sleepy head." He said as I reciprocated his hug. "Good morning, dad." I replied back.
Andrew was more like my dad, than my own father. He actually stayed with me when I needed him the most. He protected me when I was weak. And for that I will always consider him my dad. Unlike my father, who left because he wanted sons, not daughters. Unlike the man that said he would come back for me, but left me waiting outside for three full days. Andrew taught me so much. I'm glad my mom found him. Their love is so strong and powerful and I can't wait to have something like that.
My mom and Andrew both walked in the big loving home and I followed. Inside looked exactly as the last time I came. There was a hallway on my left that lead to the first bedroom and the biggest restroom. On my right was the closet that every child would hide in when we played hide-and-go-seek. I walked straight through the small hallway full of old childhood photos and ended at the living room. Both my sisters were sitting, talking, and smiling.