Chapter 4

It was finally time for me to go. The boys and Taylor stayed the whole time. Now they were bringing me home. We walked outside and went home. Soon, we all got to our destinations. Louis, Taylor and I got out of car and walked to our apartment in silence. When we got there, we went inside. I sat down on the couch and Taylor sat down next to me.

Louis offered, "I'll get us supper."

"I'll handle it," Taylor suggested, getting up.

"You don't have to."

"I'll cook for you guys."

"I'll help her," I added, getting up.

"Ok," Louis said. "Thank you."

"Of course," Taylor said.

I added, "You're welcome, Lou."

Taylor and I walked to the kitchen. We started to make macaroni and cheese-since Louis likes it. As she was walking to get an ingredient, she tripped over my foot and fell to the ground.

"Sorry!" I said.

"It's ok, Harry. Don't worry about it."

It was then that I noticed that her shirt was rising up, revealing scars. I got down beside her. I absentmindedly traced over her scars. Her body tensed up and my hand stilled, but didn't leave her body.

"Sorry," I said softly.

"It's ok, Harry," she said, smiling a little.

For some reason, I placed my hands on the hem of her shirt. Her beautiful blue eyes watched me. I don't know what came over me, but I found myself pulling her shirt off. I noticed many scars and old bruises all over her torso. I also found myself staring at her breasts briefly. So I focused my attention on her face. She was watching me, her perfectly blue eyes looking into my eyes. My dull, green ones. Her eyes were so much prettier than mine.

"Harry?"

"What?"

"Oh nothing. You were staring at me."

"Sorry."

"It's ok. How many times am I gonna have to say that?"

I smiled sheepishly. She smiled, but it soon faded.

"Taylor, are you ok?"

"I'm fine." She lifted my shirt and then pulled it off. I closed my eyes, knowing that she'd see my chest sprinkled with scars and tattoos.

Her hand went to the biggest scar I had: the one that caused Louis to find out in the first place. The first time I almost died from self-harm. Her fingers traced over it instinctively. Her eyes watched my face to see my reaction, making sure it was ok to do so. I nodded. She seemed relieved. I smiled a little. She smiled back weakly.

"What's wrong?" I asked, completely concerned.

"Just a memory."

I nodded. "Do you wanna tell me about it?"

"No, it's ok."

I nodded. "We should ... get back to work."

"Yeah..."

She put her shirt on, stood up, and got the ingredient she was going to get earlier. I stood up. As I was helping her, my hand brushed over hers and lingered. She looked over at me surprised. I bit my lip. Her eyes glanced down a little. She seemed distracted. I felt confused.

"Taylor?"

She snapped out of it. "Y-you should put your shirt on."

"Why?" I asked, even more confused now.

She bit her lip, so I waited patiently.

"J-just—" she cut herself off.

"Taylor?"

She looked conflicted. "Never mind," she then said softly.

"Taylor?" I said, now concerned.

"What?"

I felt confused, then dropped it, pulling her into a hug that she returned. I felt sparks when her hands touched my bare back. My heart beat quickened. We soon stopped hugging realizing that it was going on a bit too long, and she went back to making the macaroni and cheese. Soon, she finished it.

"Done!" she said, enthusiastic at the fact that she finished it.

I smiled at her and hugged her. She hugged back, making my heart quicken. Soon, we pulled away. I found myself letting my right hand rest on her cheek. She looked shocked, so I quickly pulled it away.

"Sorry."

"It's ok. Wow, it's back."

I chuckled a little.

"I didn't think I'd have to say it again."

I laughed.

Louis walked in. "Is it ready?" I could tell that he had been starting to get a little impatient. He gave me the 'Do I wanna know why your shirt's off' face, making me smile sheepishly.

Taylor said, "Yes. It's waiting for you."

He laughed, taking the macaroni away. We followed him to the living room. Louis gave Taylor some and kept the rest to himself. I grabbed a plate and walked to Louis, grabbing some macaroni and putting it on the plate.

I said sarcastically to Louis, "Thanks for the food."

Louis smiled, rolling his eyes playfully.

I looked at Taylor, who looked amazed. I sat down next to Taylor and ate the macaroni. Louis and Taylor ate too. Taylor left one piece behind which she threw at me. It landed between my two bird tattoos, just above the butterfly tattoo. I took it off and ate it.

"Thanks for the extra food," I said cheekily.

They laughed.

Taylor calmed down enough to say, still laughing a little, "You're welcome."

I smiled. Taylor hugged me. I hugged back. We pulled away a little. Our faces were really close and my hand was on her cheek. I desperately wanted to kiss her but dropped my hands to my side, pulling away. I looked away and saw Louis giving me a sympathetic smile.

I yawned. "I'm gonna go to sleep."

Taylor yawned, probably because it's contagious. "Me too."

I said, "I'll show you where the guest room is."

She nodded, yawning again. I led her there and went to my room. I lied down in bed and soon fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you enjoyed this part. Thank you to everyone who has read this. Feel free to vote or comment.