Chapter 18

Liam's POV

I was heading back to Harry and Louis' flat, so that I could actually hang out with them this time. When I got there, my heart literally stopped for a second from what I saw. 

I saw Louis on the ground bleeding from his head, his left leg broken. I immediately checked to see if anyone was there and therefore already called for an ambulance. Sadly, no one was there. I then pulled out my phone and called the police.

They picked up right away. "999, what's your emergency?"

"My friend's bleeding. A lot."

"Where are you? We'll send an ambulance over right away."

I gave them the address.

"Thanks. Where is he injured?"

"His head."

They gave me tips on what I should do while I wait for the ambulance, which I followed to the best of my ability.

After what felt like forever, they arrived. Paramedics rushed over and began first aid on him.

While they were doing this, I went over to a nearby police officer, "What's the closest hospital?"

He answered me, and then asked, "Do you have any idea what happened?"

"No, I-I found him like this."

The paramedics took Louis away.

The officer nodded. "Was there anyone nearby?"

"No."

He nodded. "Do you need a ride to the hospital?"

"That would be kind of you, but I wouldn't wanna be an inconvenience."

"You wouldn't be. I need to go there too."

I nodded. "Thank you."

The officer smiled. We got into his car and drove to the hospital. While he went to park his car, I went inside.

I asked the nurse behind the desk, "Did a Louis Tomlinson just get admitted in?"

"Yeah, let me check." She looked up his name. "Yeah, just minutes ago. He's in ICU. Do you need to see a doctor as well?"

"No, I'm fine. Thanks for the information."

As I went over to the waiting area, the officer came in and spoke to the nurse.

My phone rang. I answered it.

I said quietly, so as not to disturb anyone else, "Hello? Who is this?"

"Hi, it's Eleanor. Do you know where Louis is?"

"Yeah, um, he's...uh...in the hospital."

"What happened?"

"I don't know. I found him on the ground, bleeding. I'm worried about him."

"I'm sure he'll be fine, Liam."

"But..."

"Listen, I'll be right there. Just calm down, Liam. Which hospital?"

I told her which one.

"I'll see you soon."

"Bye." I hung up and put my phone away.

* * *

I still haven't heard anything yet about Louis.

Eleanor came in and walked over to me. "Anything?"

"No, I'm worried," I confessed.

"Calm down. He'll be fine. I promise."

I nodded, slightly reassured.

* * *

Finally, a doctor came out and over to the nurse, before approaching us. "Hello. I'm Doctor Brown. Mr. Tomlinson is stable now. He hasn't quite woken up yet, and we'd like to keep him here over night for observation."

The officer nodded. "Let me know when he wakes up. I need to talk to him."

The doctor nodded understandingly. "Would anyone like to see him now?"

Eleanor admitted, "Actually, I do."

"He's in Room 12. On the 3rd Floor."

We went to Louis's room. Eleanor went inside.

Eleanor's POV

I walked into Louis's room where he laid peacefully. What happened to you?

I stood at his bedside and watched his eyes open. 

He said softly, "Hey. What are you doing here?" He seemed drained of his usual energy.

"Liam called. How are you feeling?"

"Liam?" he murmured to himself. "I'm ok. Just tired."

"I need to do something, and I need your help for this." I needed to kiss him one last time to prove to myself that I wasn't in love with him anymore.

"What is it?"

"I need you to kiss me."

"Why?"

"I need to prove to myself that I'm not in love with you anymore, so I need you to kiss me."

"Oh, ok."

I kissed him, and he kissed back. I felt nothing. No sparks. I had my answer.

I pulled away. "Thanks Lou. Bye."

I walked out, telling the officer he was awake. He went in, and I went home.

Louis' POV

Eleanor kissed me, so I kissed back. Strangely enough, I didn't feel the sparks I used to feel. Somehow, I knew I was over her. And everything that Celia made me feel started to make sense.

A police officer came in.

I asked politely, "Hello, what do you need?"

"I'd like to ask you a few questions," he replied.

"What are they?"

"Do you know why you're here?"

"Yeah," I replied hesitantly.

"What happened?"

"I...fell out of the window." Admitting to this was so embarrassing.

"Ok. So it was an accident?"

I nodded.

He nodded briefly. "Ok, thank you for your cooperation. Bye."

"Anything to help you, bye."

He left.  I hope that I'm not going to get attacked here when there's nothing I can do to defend myself.

Liam came in. Especially now that Liam's here. I don't want him to get hurt because of me.

Liam said, "Hello, mate."

"Hey."

"How are you?"

"Good."

"I'm glad."

I smiled wanly. God, I'm so worried that I'm gonna get attacked here. I really need to calm down... but I can't. What if he comes after me next? What if he hurts Taylor? Or Harry? Or Celia? Or Zayn? Or Liam? Or Niall? Or Melissa? Or... or...

My head started to pound rapidly, and I felt really stressed out and weak. The pounding subsided, but the weak feeling didn't.

Everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you enjoyed this part. Thank you to everyone who has read this. Feel free to vote or comment.