Chapter 14

Harry's POV

We went to Taylor's room. She sat on the bed, and I stood beside her.

Taylor offered, "You can sit."

I smiled a little bit, and then sat down. "So what did you wanna tell me?" I was a little scared of what she'd say.

"Remember when you said you loved me?"

"Yeah?"

"I still love you too."

I felt my heart pick up speed at her words. I could also tell that my face lit up. "Really?"

She smiled. "Yeah."

I hugged her. She hugged back, making my heart pound in my chest. Soon, we pulled away. 

I asked politely, not wanting to push her too far, "Do you mind if I kiss you?"

She smiled. "Of course. You didn't have to ask."

I nodded and kissed her. She kissed back. It was just as perfect as it used to be.

We soon pulled away, unfortunately.

I asked, hoping she would say yes, "Do you, maybe, wanna get back together? We don't have to, if you don't want to, but I just thought I'd ask."

"Yes I do," she said smiling. "I almost forgot that you were the sweetest person I ever met," she teased.

I smiled humbly. "Thanks, but I can't be that nice. I'm an average lad."

"You're not. You're the sweetest, most special guy in the world. You always think about everyone but yourself. Even when you're sad, you wanna help everyone else instead.  You are the most selfless, loving person I ever met. That's why I love you. Because I'll never love anyone as good as you," she gushed.

I smiled humbly. I felt wanted, loved, good enough for Taylor for the first time in a while. Since back when we were dating. Before I got more hate which happened after we broke up. Most of the haters actually seemed to be her fans. And, without Taylor around to stop them, they just kept hating on me, blaming me for her disappearance. Even though I had nothing to do with it. It was actually quite upsetting. Our break-up turned out to be the worst day of my life.

"Harry?" I heard Taylor's beautiful voice call out to me.

I snapped out of my thoughts. "What?"

"What were you thinking about?" she asked curiously.

"Just about the day the hate started."

"When was that?"

"Our ... break-up."

"Was it my fault?"

"No, it could never be. It's their fault for taking that action."

She ignored my reassurance. "Were most of your haters, my Swifties?"

I sighed. "Yeah... they were."

"So it is my fault."

"No! Don't blame yourself, love. You did nothing wrong. Ok? Please don't blame yourself."

"Ok. Sorry."

I smiled and hugged her. She hugged back.

When we pulled away, I suggested, "Maybe we should head back."

She nodded. We walked back. It was filled with tension. I saw sadness in the eyes of Niall and Louis, but theirs seemed more empathetic. I also saw remorse in Melissa's eyes.

"What happened?" I asked softly. "Where did Zayn go?"

Louis explained, "Zayn went home. He told me to tell you guys bye."

I nodded. "Why? What happened?"

Melissa said with a small, fragile voice, "We kissed. I-I think I scared him off."

"I'm sure it has nothing to do with you," I instantly reassured.

She ignored me. "I don't deserve Zayn. I made him cheat on Perrie."

Louis offered up, "Actually, you didn't."

She turned to him. "What do you mean?"

"Zayn and Perrie already broke up. There wasn't any love anymore. It just...died."

"Oh." A look of relief flashed across her face. "Well, they were still cute together. Just like you two," she said, turning to Taylor and I. "Are you two back together yet?"

I said yes, making her face squeal then slam her hands across her mouth.

Louis laughed, while I said, a smile on my face, "It's ok. I appreciate your enthusiasm, excessive though it is."

"Sorry," Melissa said, still embarrassed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you enjoyed this part. Thank you to everyone who has read this. Feel free to vote or comment.