☘︎︎𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛☘︎︎

☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★

Sunrise.

It was Addison's favorite time of the day, the stillness of the earth provided her with a moment of peace in her life. The way the sun managed to kiss her skin, bringing a subtle warmth after an endless night of rain, the smell of the dew on the grass provided her with a sense of security. Bucky was still asleep beside her, his arm thrown loosely over her stomach, his head facing away from the window in the room to avoid the sunlight that Addison so desperately craved. She wanted to see outside, she wanted to be able to place her feet in the grass, something she was never allowed to do, she was never safe enough, and the city was a concrete jungle. There was no grass even if she went looking for it. Sliding his arm off of her, smiling gently when he mumbled something in his dream state, her body leaning over to press a soft kiss to the shadow that had appeared on his face, before she was slipping out of bed, and into the hallway.

Her feet moved against the mahogany floor, quiet footsteps to ensure she wouldn't startle anyone in the house awake. She paused when she reached the wall of photos, scanning them over once again, where there was once jealousy resting in her chest, it was replaced with longing. The desire to see the genuine smile that graced Bucky's lips as he posed with his little sister, Steve beside them in a playful stance. "I miss those days." A voice rang from beside her, causing Addison to stumble backwards at the shock of another voice, a gasp leaving her lips as she braced herself against the opposite wall. "I'm sorry sweetheart, how rude of me, I'm Sarah, Bucky's mother." She spoke softly, taking the few steps to close the distance between Addison and herself. "I'm sorry, I'm not used to all of this." Addison spoke softly, her voice barely audible over the shake that rested in it. "It's okay, would you like to get some coffee? We can go sit in the garden?"

Addison smiled widely, warmth blooming in her chest as Sarah extended her hand towards the girl. "I'd like that." She replied, placing her hand in Sarahs.

The aroma of coffee flooded Addison's senses, her feet tucked under her body carefully to preserve some of her modesty from Bucky's mother, and from the cool air that surrounded them. The smell of the coffee mixing with the scent that appeared right before it rained made Addison smile, a genuine smile that hadn't graced her features in so long, something she relished more than anyone could imagine. "Rebecca's got a dress fitting today," Sarah spoke, her voice carrying over the space so elegantly, landing on Addison and effectively pulling her attention to the older woman, "I know she would appreciate if you came, I can bring you with me." Sarah concluded her thought, bringing the mug of coffee up to her lips, taking a long sip and closing her eyes as the warmth entered her body. "I'd love to, but Bucky might pass away if I don't talk to him about it first, when he wakes up I can talk to him." Addison teased, hearing Sarah's giggle of amusement slip past her lips. "You've broken that boy."

Well as they say, curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.

"What do you mean?" Addison questioned, taking a sip of the warm liquid, feeling the warmth spread across her chest, her heart rate picking up as Sarah set her mug on the glass table that was covered with a thin layer of dew, the clinking sound sending goosebumps up her spine. "Bucky has never brought a girl home, let alone set fire to the city to find her," Sarah explained, leaning back in her seat as one leg crossed over the other, smoothing down the silk robe, "he really cares for you, you can tell in the way his eyes light up when he sees you. He won't admit it, but he's falling in love with you." Sarah concluded, watching in amusement as Addison flipped the idea around in her brain. Truthfully she had no idea how long she had known Bucky, her sense of time had gone out the window with healing, and being on constant guard from Charlie. "Isn't it too soon?" She questioned, her blue eyes meeting the fierce green of Sarahs, bringing a devilish smile onto her lips. "Nonsense, I fell in love with Becca and Bucky's father thirteen days after I met him. If you know, you know." Sarah replied, before reaching forward for her mug again.