☘︎︎𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑂𝑛𝑒☘︎︎

warning: smut

☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★

"Now, I usually don't demand answers, but my fiancé and I just about got blown to bits and we don't even know why."

Bucky felt sympathy for Sam, having heard how Rebecca completely lost her cool, wails echoing down the hallway and reaching the room where Bucky had his wife's head in his lap, tracing the shape of her jaw gently as she slept. All he wanted to do was go back to his room, curl into bed behind his wife and sleep soundly, exhaustion running through is body like a plague. "We don't have answers for you right now, we're not even sure who called this out for you or why." George stated, leaning back in his chair, the squeak echoing around his office while his hands went up to his face, rubbing the tired skin. "It's not the Sons of Lucifer, that we can be sure of." Steve added, sprawled out against the emerald green velvet couch that was pressed up against the wall in the corner of the room. "We certainly can be sure of that, I may have a few answers." Bucky mumbled, rolling the gold ring between his fingers, placing it on the desk in front of his father.

"Anytime now would be nice to offer those answers." Sam's voice cut through their air.

Bucky narrowed his eyes at Sam's tone, irritation flooding off of him, it's like Sam forgot that Rebecca was his sister, and up until Addison came into the picture, Rebecca was the reason he kept going for so long. "Addison was saying it was something of a distraction, a trap right Buck?" Steve offered, forcing Bucky to look away from his soon to be brother in law, a simple nod being his answer. "She did, she said it was a trap, whoever is in charge knew we would all flock to Rebecca's apartment, it's too risky to go after Addison, Mom's too far protected, no one blinks an eye in Rebecca's direction because she's in a secure building." Bucky started explaining, crossing one leg over the other, a yawn slipping past his lips. "They figured they could get us all in one position, but they weren't expecting Addison to slip in, so she went unnoticed and we left unscathed," he continued, looking over at Steve who nodded, sitting up slightly, "she's done this her whole life, figured out how to hide amongst chaos, we have every reason to believe she's correct."

"Plus she was able to get up to Rebecca and Sam, both of them slipping out unnoticed and she was able to get Rebecca back here virtually untouched, while giving us our biggest lead." Steve added, reaching over to squeeze Bucky's shoulder, something he had been doing since they were kids to show his support. "But why? Why target a harmless girl, and why bring us all out?" Sam questioned, looking over at George who was processing everything Bucky had said, rolling the golden ring around his fingers while his eyes locked on his sons. "You're wife is far more useful than you lot at the moment," George teased, hearing the three men gasp playfully before he set the ring on the desk, letting a chuckle slip his lips, "if they're targeting you, it's because of the commission hearing that's been postponed again due to this unfortunate incident, where'd you get this?" George asked, tapping the ring with his own. "Addison took it off one of the men who attacked her and Becca." Bucky answered truthfully, seeing George smile brightly.

"Alright boys, leave me to my work, Buck keep your phone on, I'll have a plan of action come morning."

The three men left the room without a peep shutting the large door behind them as they made their way down towards the bedrooms. "Want to have a drink and play a round of pool?" Steve asked, looking over at his brothers, a smile on their lips as they nodded. "Yeah, I could use one." Sam muttered, while Bucky followed along with them. "I'm surprised mom let dad keep bourbon in the house knowing we were going to be staying here as often as we do." Bucky teased as they walked down the corridor, making their way to the basement. The sun was far below the horizon, morning hours were still a long ways away, yet all Bucky wanted to do was hide himself in his sheets, to keep his one corner of happiness away form the world, to let the sun never rise so they could be at peace forever. "How'd Addison learn to do all this? Piece together what is happening with even the bare minimum of information?" Sam asked, nodding towards Steve when he slid a glass full of bourbon towards him. "She had to, it was for survival, let's play though, before either of them wake up and yell at us for not being in bed with them." Bucky chuckled, taking a long drink of the bourbon Steve handed him. "God, having a partner sounds like a lot of work, I don't know how you two do it." Steve stated, heading over to the billiards table with his brothers, all three sharing a laugh. "It's worth it when you climb in bed at the end of the night." Bucky stated, tossing a stick to his brother.