Chapter 1

The screeching of my alarm clock removed me from my deep sleep.

8 am, seeing that had the power to make me feel physically depressed in a matter of seconds. I don't understand why my mother made me go to a main stream school but insists on locking me away from everyone. My mother hides me away because I'm different to everyone else, I wasn't born with some pendent that everyone else seemed to have, the doctors said I'm rare and that situations like me hardly ever happen; to me it just means I have no soul mate out in the world. See when your born with this pendant, it saves you the 'heart break' as some say, and gives you the chance to find the person you will spend the rest of your life with, when you get closer to them it gets warmer and when you get further away it gets colder.

For me to not be born with this pendent I don't get to find love that easy and hardly anyone I know is like me, but I guess I have to stay rare but lately I've started feeling different. Not long after I had my 18 birthday to be exact, I don't want to worry my mother in case it's nothing but I know whatever it is, is getting stronger but for now I must ignore it.

My room wasn't that appealing to other people, hardly anyone acknowledges my room; my walls were a simple shade of black, with pictures of me and my closest friends hung above my bed and above that were some 'fairy lights' as adults call them, with a coat rack stuck to the back of my door and a side table which had a small lamp on it. My window was on the ceiling due to my room being in the attic, I loved to stare at the moon at night, most people prefer the stars but not me, the moon always seemed to have an enchanting effect on me that I couldn't quite get over.

Putting on my black crop top, my black and white tartan pleated skirt, knee high socks and plain black vans. I edged myself to my full length mirror to stare at my reflection and contemplate on what to do with my hair; my make up was always the same I went with a smokey eye effect and red lipstick. I decided to put my hair in my middle parting, my hair was naturally straight so I never had to struggle with getting straighteners and things too girly for me.

Grabbing my light blue denim jacket off my coat rack, I turned and looked at myself one last time in the mirror before picking up my leather backpack and walking out my room.

As I walked down the stairs, I could hear quiet bickering, obviously my parents were arguing about something and didn't want me to hear it.

As I glided down the last flight of stairs I could see my parents sat down on the island in our kitchen, unlike my room the kitchen was bright, the white cupboards are almost blinding they were so clean. My father having some cleaning disorder doesn't help because everything has to be spotless before he can sit down properly.

My mothers fake smile caught my attention straight away, "good morning" I chirped. "Good morning sweetheart, how do you feel?" my mother questioned, oddly she never usually asks this, "good I suppose, is everything okay with you two?". My father gave me a odd look, "why wouldn't it be?" he objected; "I thought I heard you bickering?" I said more to my mother, I didn't really speak to my father as much as I did my mother so I was more awkward around him. "No your mother was just proving me right as always" he sniggered, resulting to a sarcastic laugh off my mother, something was definitely going on. "Would you like a ride to school sweetheart?"my mother asked quickly, my school was over 30 minutes away if I walked but I took my mother up on her offer to drop me off.

Quickly stealing a piece of her triangular shaped toast and having a bite out of it, I put it back down on her plate grabbed my backpack and walked towards the wide hallway and out the pine front door, my house was considered 'posh' because it was big, but only me and my mum and dad lived there so we had more rooms than we needed really.

My mum eventually walked out the door and unlocked the door to her matte black Rolls Royce Phantom, people at my school envied my mothers car, I never understood why. To me the car was disgusting and I had been begging my mother to get me my own car and with my 19th birthday coming up soon I was hoping she'd get it for me then.

As my mother started the car the radio played out girls by the 1975, my favourite song, my mother hated this song and what did I do? I turned the music right up, she just looked over at me in disgust, making me giggle.

After a sort while we arrived at my school, I peered over to see my 2 best friends standing at the doorway waiting for me, my mother pulled into a parking space and we exchanged our goodbyes as I climbed out the car.

Leo and Peace gave me a small wave as I approached them. Leo was wearing his black ripped jeans, with his white t-shirt which had a black triangle in the middle of it. With a black jacket and a black leather jacket over the top of that, with his patent doc martens, and his black 'whatever' beanie; whilst Peace was wearing his plain black jeans, his vest like T-shirt which has nirvana written across it and his timberland boots on.