Chapter 19

As we approached the gym we realized the rest of dexterousness were hiding here.

"We need to look for any survivors" Ofelia spoke out walking towards the center of the gym. "Olivia go search the Intellect fragment with Keane, Liam, Lucas and Isabella" Ofelia order. Olivia nodded her head before leaving with the other four. "Peace I want you to search the Probity fragment with Noah, Mason, Mia and Zoe". Peace gave me a slight smile before walking off with the others towards the Probity fragment. "Oh and Meg" Ofelia said turning to face me. "I want you to search the Intermediary fragment with Ethan, Caden, Lily and Leo. Have a catch up whilst you look" she said with a small smile. I looked at Leo and smiled before walking towards the Intermediary fragment.

The walk was quiet at times, Ethan, Caden and Lily walked in front whilst me and Leo walked behind. We was talking about how bizarre it was that we had been friends for so long having no clue we were soul mates. "What happens now between us?" I asked Leo. "Well I could start by asking you to be my girlfriend" he said with a slight chuckle at the end of it. Honestly I didn't know if wanted to be in a relationship right now. Leo looked at me waiting for an answer until Ethan told me to come quick.

"Meg we need your super strength to help get this metal pole off Emily" he said. I nodded and ran over to the side where Emily was lay. "Are you okay?" I asked waiting for her answer before I did anything. "Yeah just please get this off me, its crushing me" she cried out. "Okay hang on a second" I said before picking the metal pole up with ease and throwing it behind me. Caden picked her up. "I'll run her back to Ofelia and the others" he said before running off like lightening. I realized at this point Caden had super speed aswell. He came back moments later.

We continued to search. Bodies were scattered across the floor, it was awful I didn't want to see this. I wanted to be back with the others but I couldn't leave not until I found at least one more person.

Grunting from behind me caught my attention. As I turned around I seen a pair of twins behind me. As I approached them I realized how attractive they were. They both had piercing brown eyes with brownish black hair. They were both quite tall, but you could tell they were identical twins. "Are you two okay?" I asked them. One of them looked at me and smiled. "Yeah I think we are fine" he said. "What's your names?" I asked them. The taller one spoke first. "I'm Jayden" he said putting his hand out for me to shake. I laughed and shook his hand, then turning to wait for the other to speak. "And I'm Jack" he said embracing me into a hug, this took me by surprise. "Nice to meet you both" I said with a smile. As I shouted Caden over he took Jayden back to Ofelia and the others whilst I ran Jack back.

Standing there I ensured Jack was okay, sometimes running people who aren't used to it makes them a bit groggy.

Horror filled my eyes as I saw the sight in front of me, Aiden had got out of the ice some how and stabbed Ofelia in the chest. Olivia was back with the others almost instantly. "Meg, I can't hear Ofelia's thoughts what's going on?" She said entering the gym. It was at that moment she could see the sight in front of me and anger numbed her whole body. She used her telapathy power to tell Peace and the others to come back now. Peace bolted through the doors running to where Olivia was standing. He then seen the sight me and Olivia could see, anger filling him almost instanly. He picked up a meteor hammer and started to approach Aiden. Aiden laughed wickedly. "Are you supposed to scare me?" he taunted Peace. Peace said nothing seething with anger. Ofelia was still lay on the floor just staring at the ceiling. "Go on then throw it at me, grotesque" he said. This threw Peace over the edge, he charged at Aiden swinging the meteor hammer so it would hit his head. Keane used his forcefield generation power to shield Aiden. Peace looked to where Keane was standing, confused at why he protected someone who killed someone we all looked up to. "If you do that you prove everyone right" Keane shouted over to Peace. Muddled we all listened to where he was going with this. "If you kill Aiden you show everyone that we are 'grotesque's'. Don't start a war, not yet we will fight this our own way" Keane spoke before removing his forcefield which was protecting Aiden. Aiden stared at Peace waiting for him to do something. Peace dropped his hammer before speaking. "Leave now whilst you still can before I get my girlfriend to burn your face off" he said before walking to where Ofelia was lying.

As Aiden walked past me, he grabbed Olivia making her gasp. He held a knife to her throat before speaking "why do you deserve to be happy?" he said directing this at Peace. At this point Peace realized what was happening and fear mixed with anger ran through him. I was standing unsure of what to do, then it hit me why didn't I remember I can time travel. Closing my eyes, I thought back to the moment when we were about to leave to be in our cabin. Opening my eyes I was there again, Ofelia had opened the door and told us to go. It was at this moment, I ran up to where she was standing to tell her I had come back because of what Aiden had planned. She thanked me and told me to return back, but everything would be different this confused me but I closed my eyes and returned back.

Everything was different, Leo wasn't here. This made me feel miserable, but to see Ofelia okay was worth it all. She smiled at me as she approached me. "Welcome back Meg, thank you for warning me about this" she said. Peace's father always hated the fact his son was a 'grotesque'" she said. Wait Aiden was Peace's father? She must be joking.

"Aiden is part of the GDA" Ofelia said. "What does that stand for?" I asked. "Grotesque destruction agency" she said. Wow people really do hate us. "They are afraid Meg, we are more powerful and they think that we will ruin their soul mate finding process, but in reality we were just different" she explained.

"I should probably tell you now, Peace is my son and Aiden is my ex husband" she continued, "When he found out what I was he wanted me dead, Peace too". This was a lot to take in Ofelia was Peace's mother and Aiden was his father, I wonder if he knew. "We are going to fight back Meg, but I need to know if you are ready?" she asked raising an eyebrow at me. All I could do was nod my head, she gave me a reassuring smile before walking away.

All the fragments were undefiled, I knew then Ofelia must have put the alarm up.

"Miss Whitely, a visitor to see you" Jed spoke as he entered the room. "Okay send them in" I replied with a smile. At that moment Leo walked in, I felt a breath of relief escape my lips.