C1

(Present )  year-1801

The Roy Choudhury Palace was dead quiet  this day. No chants of arti or mantras, or the giggles of children  . It was all eerily silent.

All the servants standing oitside the palace in a row, waiting for the funeral to start. Whereas all the Roy Choudhury men standing in the hall of the house with nothing but grief written all over their faces.

Today , a wife ,a mother and a sister died in that very same house she called her home.

It was an accident. Mind you. No conspiracy theories to be made up.

She died because an old rusting iron chain decided to break and while the huge chandelier droped right above her , peircing her chest.

She was the daughter in law of the old Thakurs of Bengal, the lady of Roy Choudhury Palace , wife of Shyam Dev Roy Choudhury , mother of his beautiful 5 sons. Shyam's twin brother Rama Dev Roy Choudhury considered her as his sister. Their bond was as pure as the holy fire of Holi.

While all the Roy Choudhury men were near the corpse mourning, the eldest son of the Roy Choudhury's was missing. He was nowhere to be found.

He was the first to discover his mother, laying in a pool of blood in the grand hall ,her eyes lifeless. He was shocked to core, that for a few minutes he couldn't comprehend the situation.

But when he realised that his mother was injured, he let out an earth shattering scream. He ran towards his mother,tried waking her up from the deep peaceful sleep of death, but couldn't.

Hearing a scream in the palace was more than the reason to come storming down the staircase , when Shyam Dev Roy Choudhury saw his wife lifeless.

Aniruddh's futile attempts just added to the misery of the family who had just lost such a important member of their lives.

The doctor was called & within minutes he arrived at the scene, where to his horror the mistress of the entire District of Devipur was on the floor , eyes wide open.

He confirmed her death by saying, " The lady is no more my lord, she had lost lot of blood " , when a furious Anirudh grabbed him by his collar and accused him of lying to his face.

That is when the hell broke loose, and Aniruddh had tried to even take his mother's corpse to bed saying that she's just asleep and doesn't want to be disturbed.

Shyam Dev Roy Choudhury was broken , shattered to pieces upon hearing his wife's death but nearly died himself seeing his eldest son do such MADDNESS.

His younger sons were all shocked and crying while Aniruddh was.............

His sadness amd desperation turned into white boiling rage when he stepped in the bedroom where his wife was put down by Aniruddh in bed and slapped him so hard that he was for sure the whole Devipur would have heard it by now.

It was the slap which brought Aniruddh back to his senses, and broke down crying HARD.

Morning turned to afternoon, when the extended family was informed of Shyam's wife's death. The Palace was swarming with people trying to sympathise, some geniunely while some to gain political favour.

Whispers of concern and gossips filled the area.

Poor sons! The youngest hasn't even spoken his first word yet !

Do you think Shyam Dev killed his wife?

Was it because he wanted another wife and was bored of her?