C-25

"Paani pee lo", Anirudh said softly to Ishumati who was sitting in a chair . He bent down to her level and whispered, "Itni kamzori sirf chilane (shouting) se nahi aayi" and eyed her sternly. "Aaj breakfast kiya tumne, Ishumati?" His rough, strong and manly voice sent shivers up her spine, his breath on her neck was tingly. She admired his strong jawline, sharp facial features and deep sea green eyes. Those curly black hair and thin lips were so attractive. She would never lie, but Anirudh Roy Chaudhary was a piece of art.

"Kaha khoyi hui ho? Aur paani chahiye?" he asked concerned. Her mute tongue and unfocused eyes were telling him a story. Her trance was admiring and appreciating. "Ji- Woh nashta toh nahi kar paayi mai." she said softly, her cheeks flushed in a pink hue.

"Tumhare pass baalo mein phool lagane ka samay hai lekin khana khane ka samay nahi hai. wah!" Anirudh remarked. He noticed some white lilies on her long brown locks twisted beautifully among her head jewelry. 'It's beautiful' he thought, not sure that what was more prettier? The flowers or her.

"Woh mandi (market) se guzarte vaqt , kuch bacho ne diye. Unhone pyaar se diya toh mana nahi kar paayi." she pouted her lips and made puppy eyes, to trick Anirudh, not to scold her. But this time Ram dev beat his nephew, just like many other times. "Aapko kitni baar kaha hai ki anjaan logo se koi bhi saaman nahi lena chahiye? Choti bacchi hai kya aap Ishu beti?" Ram dev scolded as if she was a two year old.

"Aap aisa daatenge toh sach mein behosh ho jaungi, bade thakur. Aur woh toh bacche the na. Maine deedun se pucha tha baal mein, phool lagane se pehle , shotti." she pinched the skin of her throat, swearing. She looked so innocent at the moment, but Anirudh was well accustomed to her drama till now. He smiled for a brief moment before wearing his firm facade again.

"Ulta mor (peacock), kotwaal ko daate" Anirudh remarked seriously, but to his dismay everyone present in the living room laughed at his words. Did he say something wrong?

"Mor nahi chor (theif) hota hai, thakur shorkaar." Bihari babu said laughing loudly at his adorable words. Anirudh scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Vilaayat mein jaa kar ekdam unn Firangi (foreign) Goro (white people) ke jaisa ho gaya hai, yeh aadmi. Beizati karwayega dekhna yeh, nalaayak." Anirudh's kaka sarcastically said adding onto his misery. Anirudh pouted at Ram dev upon hearing that fruge insult. Meanwhile, Ishumati giggled at his facial expressions. His lips resembled to that of his baby brother whom she secretly named Raghunaath.

"Subah subah itni hasi thitholi kyu ho rahi hai, koyeli didi?" A sleepy Batuknaath entered the scene, but Kaka roasted him like a peanut among gram seeds. 

"Ye dekho, Roy Chaudharyo ke ghar mein ullu ke pattho ki kami nahi hai. Aree dophar ho gayi hai. Suraj sar par chadhne ko aa gaya lekin tumhari neend nahi khulti." He scolded him. Tumahre dada ko kolkata bhi jana hai. Jao jaldi tayaar ho kar neeche aao." He ordered his other  careless nephew.

"Waise ye Ishumati yaha par kya kar rahi hai. Pakka meri chugli karne aayi hogi."Batuknaath pointed at her and complained.

 Actually, after moving to devipur from Talaabganj, Batuknaath and Ishumati became good friends since they were of same age. They wood often explore the village and spend time together, bickering, laughing, teasing and playing with each other. Though it was considered not appropriate for a girl and boy to be friends, Ram dev just enjoyed their pure and adorable bond. They as well , would never cross the limits as they were well aware of the social norms, yet always managed to have fun. They were like partners in crime.

"Tumne chugli karne layak kaam kiye hai kya, Batuk? Jo tum itne peele (yellow) neele (blue) ho rahe ho?" Anirudh eyed Batuknaath sternly making him gulp. Anirudh's dominant aura and personality could be quite overwhelming for this young man. As if this dominant man didn't got laughed at , a few seconds ago.